Please assess my writing task 2 (IETLS GT)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
silvagustavo

Please assess my writing task 2 (IETLS GT)

Post by silvagustavo »

Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interested, and whether they are married or single. Some people say that this information may be relevant and useful. Others disagree.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays recruiters are often requesting informations such as marital status, leisure activities, and interests in their recruitment process. This has led to controversy whether it is valuable or useless. From my point of view, these requirements come along to help to identify the better-qualified worker for a job. However, we are going to discuss both sides in this essay.

It is certainly true that one of the main aims involving collection of individual information is to find the right person for a position. The majority of the data required in an application form are used to assess the candidate personality and then obtain his positives and negatives characteristics. For example, people who frequently goes to parties or nightclubs, they are usually talk-active therefore, a type of work that requires an excellent communication skills will be suitable for them. Thus, personal information is very important.

By contrast, numerous candidates believe that these kind of information are unnecessary and in most cases, invasive. They also argue that companies do not ensure equality in the selection steps as for instance, someone who is single or does not have kids regularly replaces whose have more than one child. Due to this discrimination, future employees deserve to protect their personal life and keep it private.

To sum up, despite the fact that many individuals still see this requisition as a corporate censorship, I agree that the business will be able to get a complete picture of the candidate as well as the applicant will be selected to an occupation that he will definitely enjoy.