I have my IELTS tomorrow! *_* could you please assess this essay? I appreciate greatly!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Anamaria10

I have my IELTS tomorrow! *_* could you please assess this essay? I appreciate greatly!

Post by Anamaria10 »

Could I get a band score 7+?

Question is: "Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skills.

Do you agree or disagree?"

My answer:

Some people think education in every level is not being approached with enough practice exercises, but just learning facts. In my opinion, I do agree with this statement, because the education system needs to be changed to fulfil the society's demand employment-wise.

Firstly, the current system of education is based most of it on master classes, which are basically developed in a classroom and have as their foremost goal that students learn about facts. Therefore, it is not a priority for teachers that their students learn about practical skills that could be useful or even more important on their near future. For instance, because of the schedule and school rules teachers are forced to follow, they are not always able to do or to encourage pupils to work on outsided issues.

On the other hand, schools should implement type of work like it is used in some university such internships that allow students to apply everything they have learned through their semester on a realistic situation of an employment environment. For example, teachers could set an internship for their students where they should develop some project that would be turn in at the end of the semester or year, depending on the course length and this could replace a final test. Consequently, students would enforce their knowledge, but also get experience to enhance the practical skills.

To conclude, I believe the main education system that has been impelled mostly worldwide, should be re-structured because needs of society have changed and more practical skills are demanded on the current employment environments.