Reposting my general task 1 response

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
dinosaur2007

Reposting my general task 1 response

Post by dinosaur2007 »

question:
"Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house/flat.
Write a letter to your neighbours. In this letter
*explain the reasons for the noise.
*apologize
*describe what action you will take"

My answer is:
"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Brown,
I am writing to you as a reply to the letter you have sent me last Saturday. I am sorry for bothering you with the noise coming out of my house. Let me elaborate why this is happening.

As you probably know, I have bought a new washing machine three weeks ago. It was performing well until my little kid messed up with the internal parts last week causing it to malfunction. It is still working, but it now produces a loud continuous beep when it is operated. I really regret causing you such a trouble. Since washing machines are indispensable for everyone, I was not able to stop using mine until I do something about it.

I need you to be assured as I have called the maintenance center requesting a repair visit. Luckily, they responded swiftly, and they will be sending a specialized team to have it checked and repaired by tomorrow morning.

Please accept my apologies, and I hope that this will not affect our relationship.

Yours sincerely,
Tom Smith"

Thank you very much
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Reposting my general task 1 response

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Basically, this is a good letter. You have covered all the points and any grammatical and vocabulary errors are minimal. However, I have to point out that your neighbours will simply say 'So don't use the washing machine!' They might even say 'Use ours!'

Poor choice, but the English is good.
All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Reposting my general task 1 response

Post by Flick »

dinosaur2007 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:57 pm question:
"Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house/flat.
Write a letter to your neighbours. In this letter
*explain the reasons for the noise.
*apologize
*describe what action you will take"

My answer is:
"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Brown,

I am writing in reply to the letter you sent me last Saturday. I am sorry for bothering you with the noise coming from my house. Let me elaborate on why this is happening.

As you probably know, I bought a new washing machine three weeks ago. It was performing well until my child messed up the internal parts last week, causing it to malfunction. It is still working, but it now produces a loud continuous beep when it is operated. I really regret causing you such trouble. Since washing machines are indispensable for everyone, I am not able to stop using mine until I do something about it.

I need you to be assured that I have called the maintenance center requesting a repair visit. Luckily, they responded swiftly, and they will be sending a specialized team to have it checked and repaired by tomorrow morning.

Please accept my apologies, and I hope that this will not affect our relationship.

Yours sincerely,
Tom Smith"

Thank you very much