General Task 1. Airport. Please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
HelenSun

General Task 1. Airport. Please evaluate

Post by HelenSun »

Your valueable feedback is needed regarding vocabulary range, grammar, response understanding and etc. I would highly appreciate it. If it is possible please approximately estimate what IELTS score it is.

Question:
You have missed your flight.
Write a letter to the manager of the airport customer service. In your letter:
- give details of what went wrong
- explain how missing the flight affected you
- say what action you would like the manager to take

Response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with missing highly important flight to London. Allow me to explain what exactly happened.

Today in the morning, when I came to the airport in two hours earlier than departure time of my flight, I noticed that a queue to the registration desk was extremely tremendous. As it turned out, there were several flights appointed almost at the same time. Unfortunately, the queue pushed ahead terribly slowly. Having explained the matter to an airport representative, he did not undertake any action. As you can imagine, I spent too much time in that horrible queue and eventually missed my flight. Hence, I am displeased with your poor service and completely disappointed that no steps were taken to tackle the problem and to help people board the plane.

I hope you can empathise with my situation. Thus, I am expecting you to refund my ticket cost. I also insist on offering me a free ticket to the nearest flight to London as a compensation for mental damage.

Your prompt action is required,

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Helen Smith
Last edited by HelenSun on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 am, edited 13 times in total.
HelenSun

Re: General Task 1. Airport topic. Please evaluate

Post by HelenSun »

Please help me
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General Task 1. Airport. Please evaluate

Post by Flick »

HelenSun wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Question:
You have missed your flight.
Write a letter to the manager of the airport customer service. In your letter:
- give details of what went wrong
- explain how missing the flight affected you
- say what action you would like the manager to take

Response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with missing a highly important flight to London. Allow me to explain exactly what happened.

This morning, when I arrived at the airport two hours earlier than the departure time of my flight, I noticed that the queue at the registration desk was extremely long. As it turned out, there were several flights scheduled for almost the same time. Unfortunately, the queue moved very slowly. Having explained the matter to an airport representative, he did not undertake any action. As you can imagine, I spent too much time in that horrible queue and eventually missed my flight. Hence, I am displeased with your poor service and completely disappointed that no steps were taken to tackle the problem and to help people board the plane.

I hope you can empathise with my situation. Thus, I am expecting you to refund my ticket cost. I also insist on a free ticket to London as compensation for mental damage.

Your prompt action is required.

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Helen Smith
HelenSun

Post by HelenSun »

Thank you very much!
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

You missed the flight.

Its off the topic.