please evaluate my task 1 writing (letter)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Hazem123

please evaluate my task 1 writing (letter)

Post by Hazem123 »

You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English-speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter
• Introduce yourself
• Explain what is wrong with the furniture
• Say what action you would like the landlord to take

Answer

Dear Mr. Brown,
I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction regarding the apartment that I have rented from you last month. Allow me to elaborate on this situation.

In order to make it clear, my name is John Smith. I have reached the United States on the eighteenth of January, 2017 where I started to look for a hotel or a flat to stay in in order to start a while new life. Luckily, I found you by chance and you, thankfully, offered me the best price for an apartment for rent. Everything is fine except for the state of the chairs in the living room. These chairs are too old and they seem to have undergone several attempts of repair lately. It was only a week after moving in to that flat when the legs broke apart. It is worth mentioning that this occurred with all the chairs we have used.

Therefore, I believe it is time to replace these ancient pieces of furniture with a brand new set, or at least another set in good conditions. Otherwise, I may be obliged to swap my accommodation.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,
John Smith
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please evaluate my task 1 writing (letter)

Post by Flick »

Hazem123 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:19 pm You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English-speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter
• Introduce yourself
• Explain what is wrong with the furniture
• Say what action you would like the landlord to take

Answer

Dear Mr. Brown,
I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction regarding the apartment that I have rented from you for the last month. Allow me to elaborate on this situation.

In order to make it clear, my name is John Smith. I arrived in the United States on the eighteenth of January, 2017, when I started to look for a hotel or a flat to stay in in order to start a whole new life. Luckily, I found you by chance and you, thankfully, offered me the best price for an apartment for rent. Everything is fine except for the state of the chairs in the living room. These chairs are very old and they seem to have undergone several attempts at repair lately. It was only a week after moving in to the flat when the legs broke apart. It is worth mentioning that this has occurred with all the chairs we have used.

Therefore, I believe it is time to replace these ancient pieces of furniture with a brand new set, or at least another set in good condition. Otherwise, I may be obliged to swap my accommodation.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,
John Smith