Appreciate if you could please assess my Task 1 for GT IELTS

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Anamaria10

Appreciate if you could please assess my Task 1 for GT IELTS

Post by Anamaria10 »

The question is:

"A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
*Give contact details for when you are away.
*Give instructions about how to care for your pet.
*Describe other household duties."

My response:

"Dear Nicholas,

First of all I want to thank you for your help while I am away. Whaterver you may need just give me a call or ask my mother in law who's cellphone I wrote on the piece of paper attached to this letter.

The most important things I need you to do is to water my flowers three times per week, please do it in the mornings, the watering can is in the garage. About my dog Jerry, please feed him twice a day, first time in the morning and at night; furthermore, he goes outside for a walk after he eats, so I'll ask you to please clean-up after him.

On the other hand, because you are a reliable person, I am going to ask you to go to my bedroom to pick up a box I have on my bed and then send it through the mail office to an address I am also leaving you written down on the attached sheet.

That is pretty much everything I need from you Nicholas, I really appreciate what you are doing.

Best wishes,
Ana Maria"
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Appreciate if you could please assess my Task 1 for GT IELTS

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a very good letter. You have answered the three points and included some details. (I'm sure everyone wants to know what's in that box!?)

Grammatical range and accuracy are both good, though the use of the future tense is a little unusual. Vocabulary is used well and with some precision.

All the best,
David
Anamaria10

Post by Anamaria10 »

Thank you for your assessment David, I appreciate your attention and time you put into this. Could you please review my writing task number two I posted on the forum with my name as well?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day,

Yours sincerely,
Ana Maria L.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Anamaria10 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:42 pm The question is:

"A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
*Give contact details for when you are away.
*Give instructions about how to care for your pet.
*Describe other household duties."

My response:

"Dear Nicholas,

First of all, I want to thank you for your help while I am away. Whatever you may need, just give me a call or ask my mother in law whose cellphone I wrote on the piece of paper attached to this letter.

The most important things I need you to do is to water my flowers three times per week. Please do it in the mornings, the watering can is in the garage. About my dog, Jerry, please feed him twice a day. First in the morning and then at night. Furthermore, he goes outside for a walk after he eats, so I'll ask you to please clean-up after him.

On the other hand, because you are a reliable person, I am going to ask you to go to my bedroom to pick up a box I have on my bed and then send it through the mail office to an address I am also leaving you written down on the attached sheet.

That is pretty much everything I need from you, Nicholas. I really appreciate what you are doing.

Best wishes,
Ana Maria"
Anamaria10

Post by Anamaria10 »

Thank you for your valuable assessment Flick! Would you mind correcting my grammar on the essay I am posting below, please?

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

The question is: "Students learn more from their school teachers than from other sources such as the internet or television. To what extent you agree or disagree with this statement?

My response:

Although many people might think children receive much knowledge from their school teachers than from any other technological sources, I do believe students can complement their studies with information found on internet because it is sometimes easier to understand a topic and information could be even more updated than the one presented by the teacher.

Technology is a very useful tool for education, internet and television are both full of varied information that teach their users, especially young ones, about different topics. Furthermore, these sources present the information in fun ways which entertain students and show them learning from a distinct manner than it is taught at schools. Videos, documentaries and even games are, for instance, more interesting ways for students to learn about something else than listening to master classes every day.

Moreover, there is the possibility that the school teachers are not as updated as one would think. Despite the regulations of the schools about training teachers, children and young adults have the perfect ability to use internet to look up information and they can actually find much updated developments for an issue than the teachers know themselves. For example, science advancements are developed at all times and it is faster and easier to learn about them on the internet than to expect a professor to know them all.

To conclude, I totally disagree with the idea that professors are the foremost key to knowledge; technology and other sources could be even more educational than a person, so students should use these sources and take the most advantages out of them.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Anamaria10 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm
The question is: "Students learn more from their school teachers than from other sources such as the internet or television. To what extent you agree or disagree with this statement?

My response:

Although many people might think children receive more knowledge from their school teachers than from any other technological sources, I believe students can complement their studies with information found on the internet because it is sometimes easier to understand a topic presented in a different way,and information could be even more updated than that presented by the teacher.

Technology is a very useful tool for education. The internet and television are both full of varied information that teach their users, especially young ones, about different topics. Furthermore, these sources present the information in fun ways which entertain students and teach in a distinct manner than teaching at school. Videos, documentaries and even games are, for instance, more interesting ways for students to learn about something rather than attending lectures every day.

Moreover, there is the possibility that the school teachers are not as updated as one would think. Despite school regulations about training teachers, children and young adults have the ability to use the internet to look up information, and they can actually find updated developments for an issue than the teachers may not know themselves. For example, scientific advancements are developed all the time, and it is faster and easier to learn about them on the internet than to expect a professor to know them all.

To conclude, I totally disagree with the idea that professors are the foremost key to knowledge. Technology and other sources could be even more educational than a person, so students should use these sources and take advantage of them.