Could you please give me your feedback and the band score I would get with this GT writing task 2?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Anamaria10

Could you please give me your feedback and the band score I would get with this GT writing task 2?

Post by Anamaria10 »

Thank you for your time and attention! I appreciate your assessment and estimated score band for this task.

The question is: "Students learn more from their school teachers than from other sources such as the internet or television. To what extent you agree or disagree with this statement?

My response:

Although many people might think children receive much knowledge from their school teachers than from any other technological sources, I do believe students can complement their studies with information found on internet because it is sometimes easier to understand a topic and information could be even more updated than the one presented by the teacher.

Technology is a very useful tool for education, internet and television are both full of varied information that teach their users, especially young ones, about different topics. Furthermore, these sources present the information in fun ways which entertain students and show them learning from a distinct manner than it is taught at schools. Videos, documentaries and even games are, for instance, more interesting ways for students to learn about something else than listening to master classes every day.

Moreover, there is the possibility that the school teachers are not as updated as one would think. Despite the regulations of the schools about training teachers, children and young adults have the perfect ability to use internet to look up information and they can actually find much updated developments for an issue than the teachers know themselves. For example, science advancements are developed at all times and it is faster and easier to learn about them on the internet than to expect a professor to know them all.

To conclude, I totally disagree with the idea that professors are the foremost key to knowledge; technology and other sources could be even more educational than a person, so students should use these sources and take the most advantages out of them.