Writing Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
cnsfriends143

Writing Task 1

Post by cnsfriends143 »

Line graph below.

The line graph depicts data with regard to the mean temperatures in a month for three cities in Africa - Cairo, Cape Town, and Mombasa. The temperature is expressed in degrees Fahrenheit.

It is substantially noticeable that Mombasa, Kenya has almost the same temperature range throughout the year while the other two places vary in the average monthly temperature.

Mombasa has the highest temperature at the beginning of the year at 80'F that sustains, despite a slight increase of warmth in March to 82'F, until April before the temperature gradually lowers to 75'F in July. The temperature slowly goes up again until December reaching the same temperature it has in January.

Alternatively, Cape Town starts the year at 70'F that remains until the February. Consequently, the temperature continuously drops where it reaches 55'F in July and steadily rises again up to an estimated 68'F at the end of the year.

Cairo, Egypt, however, begins the year at 55'F but becomes warmer in the next months peaking at around 82'F in July that remains the same in August. The temperature then falls over the succeeding months reaching roughly 58'F at year-end.

Overall, it can be seen that although Mombasa and Cape Town both experience temperature drops at mid-year, the opposite happens for Cairo as the city is warmest during this period.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Writing Task 1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

I cannot see the chart, so I'll just assume the figures are correct.

This looks to me like a very good report with a clear summary and good grammar and vocabulary, despite some minor errors that do not affect meaning.

David