Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ilitty

Please, evaluate my T2. Thanks!

Post by ilitty »

Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The ability to speak one or more foreign languages is becoming a requirement for a successful career. Even, the children are starting to study a foreign language since from the primary school. According to some people the only reasons to learn an additional language is because you are going to visit, live or travel in other country, while other believe that there are a lot of other reasons for this. My opinion is that if you want, you can learn a foreign language without any need, just for fun.

It is true that if you are going to live and work abroad, you need to speak the local language. Also, one of the requirements for a successful career is to be fluent in at least one foreign language. It is impossible to manage an international business and to speak only you native language, even it is English. Nowadays the ability to find and process information and the communication skills are becoming one of the most important qualities and they are both impossible to be achieves without knowledge in second language.

On the other hand, a lot of people simply enjoy to learn foreign languages. The ability to speak additional to their native language gives them freedom in communication and information access, especially in particular situations. For example, I am studying Spanish for the last six months just for my own pleasure, not because I am going to move to Spain. There is no need to have a reason to seek knowledge.

All in all, to be able to speak a foreign language is an advantage. It does not mater if a person is learning it either for work, or for pleasure. For instance, in my country most of the young people are speaking two or three languages. I hope that the people around the world to become more literate in more than one language, because that is the way that the knowledge is spread.

/324 words/