Please evaluate my GT Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Murali.Arun

Please evaluate my GT Task 1

Post by Murali.Arun »

Hi,
Please evaluate my general training task 1 and provide your valuable feedback.

"You Borrowed a book from the school library. You are unable to return on time.
Therefore, school library imposed a penalty.Write to the school library for the penalty waive off.

In your letter, make a request by explaining you circumstances.
* Introduce yourself
* Explain the reason for the delay in returning the book
* request a special consideration. "

Dear Mr.Charles,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing to request you to condone the delay and waive the penalty on my returns.
my library membership card number is AM762017.

Three weeks back, exactly on December 18 2016, I borrowed the book named 'Oceans 11' and
I was supposed to return the same on January 8 2017, However, I failed to meet my commitment owing to some unavoidable circumstances and
thus caused me to pay the penalty of $2. I sincerely apologize for not returning the book on time.

The delay was not deliberate. I received the distress call from my brother saying that my dad was out of sorts.
I was forced to leave my commitments and ongoing tasks aside and rush to my native place as my presence badly required by the family.
This caused the delay in returning the book.

However, last week I am back to the city and started working on my pending tasks. I realized the book that I borrowed was overdue.
Now, I would like you consider my circumstances mentioned above to waive off the penalty. I assure you of my discipline on my future returns.

I am looking forward your positive reply on this.

Yours sincerely,
Murali.A
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please evaluate my GT Task 1

Post by Flick »

Murali.Arun wrote: "You Borrowed a book from the school library. You are unable to return on time.
Therefore, school library imposed a penalty. Write to the school library for the penalty waive off.

In your letter, make a request by explaining you circumstances.
* Introduce yourself
* Explain the reason for the delay in returning the book
* request a special consideration. "

Dear Mr.Charles,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing to request you to forgive the delay and waive the penalty on my returns. My library membership card number is AM762017.

Three weeks back, on December 18, 2016, I borrowed the book, 'Oceans 11'. I was supposed to return the same on January 8, 2017. However, I failed to meet my commitment owing to some unavoidable circumstances and this caused the penalty of $2. I sincerely apologize for not returning the book on time.

The delay was not deliberate. I received a phone call from my brother saying that my dad was unwell. I was forced to leave my commitments and ongoing tasks aside and rush to my hometown as my presence badly required by the family. This caused the delay in returning the book.

However, last week I returned to the city and started catching up on unfinished tasks. I realized the book that I borrowed was overdue. I would like you consider my circumstances mentioned above and to waive the penalty. I assure you of my discipline on my future returns.

I am looking forward your positive reply on this.

Yours sincerely,
Murali.A