Please make the corrections:)thank you

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
RAGI

Please make the corrections:)thank you

Post by RAGI »

QUESTION:
Many museums across the world charge an entry fee rom all the visitors. Some people argue that entry to the museums should be free.
How far do you agree or disagree?

ANSWER:
The museum visits should be paid or unpaid has been in the headlines for decades.Some people feel such historical sites visits could be provided at no charge as this might increase the inflow of particularly student visitors.However, I agree with those who say that a certain amount of money is mandatory for the maintenance of museums. In this essay I will discuss both sides and give my opinion.

Regarding those who feel that entry fees should not be imposed at ancient sites, there are many reasons. The most common one is the educational advantages for the younger generation.That is to say students usually have limited amount of money that they prefer to dispose in recreational activities, however, if the charges are abandoned, an upsurge in the number of school going children visiting museums might be seen. Moreover, children usually show interest in ancient knowledge, culture and lifestyles. For example, archaeological society in 2005 published a report stating that there was 35% rise in the crowd of youngsters who visited the British museum when the entry was made free for few days.

Nevertheless, I firmly believe that fixed amount of entry charges should be collected from tourists who visit historical places.The obvious reason is maintenance of the rich cultural heritage and ancient items demands a highly proficient professional who could handle these precious materials with care and work efficiently. As it is known that such people charge a big amount for their services. The Indira Gandhi museum in 2010, for instance, paid an enormous amount of twenty lakhs to Mr John for repair of the classic pieces of furniture.

In sum, I believe that every citizen must contribute towards the maintenance and preservation of cultural heritage. I hope in the foreseeable future, people could voluntarily donate some cash to museums in order to pass it safely to our next generation.