please assess my task 1 thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tinalongmao

please assess my task 1 thanks

Post by tinalongmao »

The bar chart described proportion of travelers choosing different transportations in the years of 1950, 1970 and 1990.

With preferences of all other transport modes showed a reduce in the given years, only percentage of people driving cars increased considerably to 38%, almost 5 times comparing to the figure in 1950. Both proportion of biking and walking modes declined constantly by years, nearly one third of the initial year, which was 8% and 10% respectively. Though travelling by feet was the most popular option in 1950, owning 35% of people’s preference. Percentage of people taking bus, however, experienced a moderate growing from 20% in 1950 to 28% a score years later, then dropped sharply to 18% in the year of 1990, 2% lower than the figure four decades ago.

Overall, travelers’ choices of different transportation were changing year by year. The general trend was from travelling by walking to automobile vehicles, which, probably, benefited from technology development. The most option in 1950, by feet, was replaced by car in 1990.
Attachments
New Doc 4_1.jpg
New Doc 4_1.jpg (271.38 KiB) Viewed 941 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: please assess my task 1 thanks

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The main problem here is with the grammar. There are a lot of errors - many of them basic! Vocabulary is generally good, but there are some glaring errors (owning, a reduce, moderate growing). I think that the organisation could be better - just one main paragraph? However, you have included the main points and the writing is comprehensible, despite the errors.

Overall? Quite god, but not great. However, it would probably be quite easy to improve this report.

All the best,
David