Writing practice - please give me some feedback, appreciated!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yanzhou

Writing practice - please give me some feedback, appreciated!

Post by yanzhou »

In the future, it seems more difficult to live on the Earth. Some people think more money should be spent on researching other planet to live, such as Mars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people have a great concern about the future environment that may not suite for human beings to live anymore. Although environmental crisis is an urgent issue of the world, I disagree with the view that governments should invest massive money in space explorer.

Governments should spend money on public services that directly link to people’s well-being. It is generally known that space projects cost considerable amount of money, and it is difficult to see the rewarding in a short term. Exploring other planets that may be suitable for people to live may sound justified, but still there is no guarantee that the scientists will find an alternative Earth in the universe. Therefore, I would encourage governments to spend their expenditures on more realistic matters, such as healthcare, education and public security. These are the key areas that determine the quality of people’s lives.

Instead, people should make efforts to deal with environmental issues rather than escape from the polluted planet earth. Migrating to planets like Mars is still a long journey to go. Due to the technical restrictions, it is very unlikely to change the environment and atmosphere on Mars for people to live in the recent decades. However, it is possible to mitigate pollution in the world. In other words, there would be no need to find another planet to live.

To sum up, I believe spending money on space exploring, in order to find a new planet to live, is a waste of money. What governments should do is to tackle environmental degradation rather than get away with it.
RAGI

Re: Writing practice - please give me some feedback, appreciated!

Post by RAGI »

well written essay..
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Writing practice - please give me some feedback, appreciated!

Post by Flick »

yanzhou wrote:In the future, it seems more difficult to live on the Earth. Some people think more money should be spent on researching other planet to live, such as Mars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people have a great concern about the future environment that may not be suitable for human life anymore. Although the environmental crisis is an urgent issue of the world, I disagree with the view that governments should invest massive amounts of money to space exploration.

Governments should spend money on public services that directly link to people’s well-being. It is generally known that space projects cost a considerable amount of money, and it is difficult to see the reward in the short term. Exploring other planets that may be suitable for people to live on may sound justified, but still there is no guarantee that the scientists will find an alternative Earth in the universe. Therefore, I would encourage governments to spend their budget on more realistic matters, such as healthcare, education and public security. These are the key areas that determine the quality of people’s lives.

Instead, people should make an effort to deal with environmental issues rather than escape from the polluted planet earth. Migrating to planets like Mars is still a long way off. Due to the technical restrictions, it is very unlikely we will be able to change the environment and atmosphere on Mars for people to live on in the near future. However, it is possible to mitigate pollution in the world. In other words, there would be no need to find another planet to live.

To sum up, I believe spending money on space exploration in order to find a new planet to live on is a waste of money. What governments should do is to tackle environmental degradation rather than get away with it.