please review my GT task 2- Appreciate (21.12.2016)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
DJvj

please review my GT task 2- Appreciate (21.12.2016)

Post by DJvj »

Topic:-
Although many people think that the luxuries and conveniences of contemporary life are entirely harmless, in fact, they actually prevent people from developing into truly strong and independent individuals. Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.

In today's modern world, luxury has become a core component of human life. People have become more materialistic and heavily dependent on various things to make their life more comfortable. Some people think that luxury has become a necessity of their lifestyle. However, there are a few opponents to this idea. In this essay, I shall be explaining both the viewpoints with a reasoned conclusion.

There are several reasons why luxury is considered to be disadvantageous for individuals. Firstly, it impacts their health and overall development. For instance, in today's generation majority of the children are being exposed to using electronic devices. Therefore, this could refrain them from being physically active and prone to the diseases like obesity at an early age. Secondly, it makes them overly dependent. Sometimes, this could make them lethargic as well. Lastly, it confines them to their own world and become non-social.

On the other side of the argument, this could offer few benefits as well. Firstly, it assists in getting their work quickly especially when time is crucial. For instance, In a digital world, people can transfer the funds quickly to the destination account.Hence, it makes the process overall fast and convenient. Another reason is, it becomes a status symbol for the society.

To conclude, I firmly believe that one should use luxury judiciously. They should not rely on it holistically so that it does not hinder their overall development.