please check my writng in task 2 ,, thanks in advance

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
alnour

please check my writng in task 2 ,, thanks in advance

Post by alnour »

Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
• comics
• books
• radio
• television
• film
• theater
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

Advancing in media technologies made the world look like a small village. Media act as the best way to have information and to communicate. Though, the different types of media are reliable and have many benefits in them, they can have many drawbacks also.
Books, serving as one of the media types, have many drops and disadvantages. Although reading books add many information, whether scientific, political or any other info. Reading old books, which were modified later, brings some confusions to the reader and sometimes may lead to danger activities. For example, if there is a health book which describes a drug to cure certain disease ,then scientists discovered that this drug may effect the patient badly. The patient will not know the modification,hence he will end-up even sicker. In spite of that, books are known as the main source for knowledge nowadays and can contribute significantly on raising people awareness thus, books are the most effective amongst media types. In addition, reading books acts as a way to understand therefore communicate with other cultures and that is from reading various books, written in different languages using dictionaries, which are books, as a guide to enhance the linguistic material and learn more information.
Another sort of media is the TV. Televisions are widely used these days. Although, television extremely used by children can decline their brain growth as studies have claimed, moreover TVs can waste valuable time. TV can be very helpful as a sort of communication. As to spread news throughout the world on different programs as does newsletter do. In addition, the educational programs that can be used effectively.
Films on the other hand can add benefits more than the drawbacks, if used wisely. There are many films convey the cultures and act as a way for communication and adding new knowledge Yet, if they were picked wrongly they would just be wasting of time just like misusing TVs.
In conclusion, all sort of media have disadvantages and advantages. In my opinion, if media was used wisely the advantages should overcome disadvantages.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: please check my writng in task 2 ,, thanks in advance

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Oh, wow! A really old question! Like meeting an old school buddy!

I think that there are two main problem with this essay. First, you are not really saying how your chosen media are better than others for communication purposes. Second, the conclusion is terrible. The question clearly states that you need to say which is best- and you do not!

All the best,
David