Every assess to my task 1 writing will be appreciated

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
alnour

Every assess to my task 1 writing will be appreciated

Post by alnour »

The graphs show how education and science participated in developing and developed countries in 1980 and 1990. It can be clearly seen that industrialized countries have significantly higher levels than the developing ones.
While the average years of schooling was above eight years, it became above 10 years at 1990. Though, developing countries witnessed a light variation above two years average at both 1980 and 1990.
Scientists and technicians were possibly higher in number, in advanced countries, than those in the developing countries . They were 10 and 18 per 1000 people in the developing countries, in the other hand they were 40 and above 60 per 1000 people in the advanced countries, in 1980 and 1990 respectively.
In 1990, in spite of spending on research and development grew rapidly from above 100 billions dollars to above 300 billion dollars. It decreased in the developing countries from 50 billion dollars to a nearly 20 billion dollars amount.
Attachments
task 1.1.JPG
task 1.1.JPG (54.26 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Every assess to my task 1 writing will be appreciated

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Not a bad report, but you have missed a golden opportunity to show off your English skills by using some comparative language, e.g. double, ten times higher, 50% greater. In addition, you haven't used enough words like 'increase' to indicate changes. Grammar is reasonable, with many mistakes, but none that affect meaning. Overall, vocabulary is the aspect of this report that requires improvement.

All the best,
David