Could you Please Check and Grade My IELTS Task 2?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
prcjason

Could you Please Check and Grade My IELTS Task 2?

Post by prcjason »

People now use mobile phones and computers to communicate and they are losing the ability to communicate with each other face-to-face. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Mobile phones and computers have become major approaches for communication. These devices are increasingly utilized by people who turn out to be poor at talking with people face to face. From my perspective, these modern technologies are indeed culprits of making people uncomfortable when they talk in realities.

When people contact others via phones and computers, they are more likely to send messages, and that is why instant messaging applications like QQ and Wechat go viral. However, people fail to read or interpret facial expressions and body languages if they communicate merely on phones or computers. As time goes by, they forget how to respond in accordance with other’s emotions, which is important in a face-to-face conversation. For example, when a speaker always keeps a poker face, it may indicate that he has little interest in the topic. However, people may find it hard to figure out the implied meaning if he or she replies the message on phones and computers rather than talking in the real world.

Additionally, as people are obsessed with talking non-verbally over the phones and on the computers, they may encounter difficulties starting a conversation, which will lead to an embarrassing situation. People love to chat through phones and computers because they didn’t need to answer immediately, hence reducing pressure of having a conversation. They still have time to consider how to respond wisely. However, if these bad habits continue, people may face increasing stress when having a face-to-face communication, and they tend to be a poor listener as well as a speaker because they cannot adapt to a conversation which needs instant response.

In conclusion, the frequent use of mobile phones and computers does affect people’s ability to have a quality face-to-face conversation. People might be less likely to interpret other’s intention through facial expressions, and they might fail to withstand the pressure arouse in a conversation that needs immediate responses.
prcjason

Re: Could you Please Check and Grade My IELTS Task 2?

Post by prcjason »

please~~~
prcjason

Re: Could you Please Check and Grade My IELTS Task 2?

Post by prcjason »

Anybody could help? Thanks