Check my writing task 1.....Thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
hemantsharma90

Check my writing task 1.....Thanks

Post by hemantsharma90 »

You have an extra room in your apartment and would like to rent it out to a student. Write a letter to the university council officer and say:
– Describe your apartment and the facilities available.
– Why do you want to rent out a room?
– What kind of tenant would you prefer?
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing this letter in regards to my apartment which I want to rent out for students. I have one bed-room set available with single vacancy and I need your assistance to find a suitable tenant.

My apartment is 1 BHK fully furnished house with all the basic amenities such as parking, 24 hours water and power supply. Moreover, it is very close to supermarket and metro station which makes it very attractive. In addition, our society has shared swimming pool and gym and one can use all these facilities at minimum cost.

There are two reasons why I want rent it out. Firstly, I am a working professional and do not get enough time to maintain this gigantic apartment. Secondly, it will give me some extra money to cover-up my expenses.

I would prefer to have a mature and responsible boy who can understand his responsibilities while staying here. Furthermore, there will be restrictions. Outsiders will not be allowed after 9 PM and loud music is intolerable after 8PM as it could disturb our neighbors. Despite this, there will not be any interference from my side.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reagrds,
Hemant Sharma
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Check my writing task 1.....Thanks

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This is a good letter. All points are dealt with and expanded on. A little more detail might be nice, such as which metro station!

It sounds like an interesting apartment - 1BHK, but 'gigantic'?! No visitors after 9? Good luck! (These points do not affect your score though!)

Anyway, grammar and vocabulary are both very good.

Well done!
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Check my writing task 1.....Thanks

Post by Flick »

hemantsharma90 wrote:You have an extra room in your apartment and would like to rent it out to a student. Write a letter to the university council officer and say:
– Describe your apartment and the facilities available.
– Why do you want to rent out a room?
– What kind of tenant would you prefer?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing this letter in regards to my apartment which I want to rent out to students. I have one bedroom set available with single vacancy, and I need your assistance to find a suitable tenant.

My apartment is 1 BHK fully furnished house with all the basic amenities such as parking, 24 hour water and power supply. Moreover, it is very close to the supermarket and metro station, which makes it very attractive. In addition, our community has a shared swimming pool and gym, and one can use all these facilities at minimum cost.

There are two reasons why I want rent it out. Firstly, I am a working professional and do not have enough time to maintain this gigantic apartment. Secondly, it will give me some extra money to cover my expenses.

I would prefer to have a mature and responsible boy who can understand his responsibilities while staying here. Furthermore, there will be restrictions. Outsiders will not be allowed after 9 PM and loud music is intolerable after 8PM as it could disturb our neighbors. Besides this, there will not be any interference from my side.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reagrds,
Hemant Sharma