Please can you check my W T2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
insaf

Please can you check my W T2

Post by insaf »

Some people think every human being can create art (e.g. painting), while others think only people born with ability can create art. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There has always been a debate, about whether artists are born or made. While many argue that artists are gifted people, I support those who believe that arts are just like any other profession which everyone, if determination and education are provided, can master it.

It is considered by some, that art is a gift, either you have it or not. They usually think that whatever a non-gifted person does to learn to be an artist often they do not succeed. They believe that to become an artist you need certain qualities such as an innate artistic sense also the natural ability to see things differently than non-gifted people and create a magnificent painting or a piece of music. These qualities which make great artists are usually born with.

However, many people support the opinion that if good teaching and support are available art can be taught. They believe that practise can make great artists. For instance, many art colleges accept students with no experience in arts. If only gifted people are the artists then there would be no need for such art colleges. They think if people believe in their abilities and start to enjoy what they are doing rather than worrying about the end result, then the number of artists would increase greatly.

To conclude, although the above look reveals solid evidence for both sides of the argument, I believe that artists can be created from non-gifted people by great education and increasing self-confidence.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please can you check my W T2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

I basically agree with your main argument, but you haven't really looked at the difference between 'natural' and 'taught'. How do we identify whether a person is a 'natural' talent or 'taught'? (There is an obvious answer!)

Grammar is solid, with a good range of structures used well. Vocabulary is a little lacking, mainly due to the lack of detail.

Now, let's get to the really juicy part of this question, which you didn't mention (and very few candidates will mention!) ...

What is art? Who decides? Therefore, how do you decide who is and who is not a good artist? Check out http://www.koko.org/gorilla-art

All the best,
David
insaf

Post by insaf »

Thank you for your comments it is really appreciated
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

insaf wrote:Some people think every human being can create art (e.g. painting), while others think only people born with ability can create art. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There has always been a debate about whether artists are born or made. While many argue that artists are gifted people, I support those who believe that the arts are just like any other profession which everyone, if determination and education are provided, can master.

It is considered by some that art is a gift; either you have it or you don't. They usually think that whatever a non-gifted person does to learn to be an artist will not be successful. They believe that to become an artist, you need certain qualities such as an innate artistic sense and the natural ability to see things differently to non-gifted people in order to create a magnificent painting or a piece of music. The qualities which make great artists are innate, not learned.

However, many people support the opinion that if good teaching and support are available, art can be taught. They believe that practice can make great artists. For instance, many art colleges accept students with no experience in the arts. If only gifted people can become artists, then there would be no need for such art colleges. They think if people believe in their abilities and start to enjoy what they are doing rather than worrying about the end result, then the number of artists would increase greatly.

To conclude, although there is solid evidence for both sides of the argument, I believe that artists can be created from non-gifted people through great education and increasing self-confidence.