Pls, check my WT2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
murad agayev

Pls, check my WT2

Post by murad agayev »

Some people think it is necessary to use animals for testing medicines intended for human use. Others, however, think it is cruel to do that. Discuss both of these views and give you own opinion.

People have different views about whether animals should be used in medical tests. While in some ways doing medical experiments on animals may seem reasonable, I personally believe that animal testing is cruel and inhuman.

There are various reasons why carrying medical tests on animals might be considered necessary, which destine for human use. Firstly, animal testing contribute to many life-saving cures and treatments. For example, testing new drugs on animals could help to major advances in understanding and treating incurable diseases such as cancer and hepatitis. Furthermore, animals often make better research subjects than human beings because of their shorter life cycles. For instance, laboratory mice and rabbits live for only two-three years, so medical researchers can study the effects of new drugs over a whole lifespan, which would be infeasible using human subjects.

However, I agree with those who consider that experiments on animals are terrifying and painful procedure. On the one hand, most tests involving animals are flawed, wasting the lives of them. Not only majority of animals used in medical researches suffer during the studies, but also many of them are killed during or after the experiments. On the other hand, animals can suffer like humans do, so it is fact that humans are refrained from medical tests in reality. While discriminating against animals comes from the fact that animals do not have the cognitive and language ability, in this case humans do not have moral right to do medical tests on them.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the lives of animals should be respected, and alternative methods of medical tests should be used.
(270 words)
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Pls, check my WT2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a good essay. You have clearly answered the question and looked at valid arguments on both sides. Vocabulary and grammar are clear, despite some errors.

There are a couple of factual errors, though these do not negate the points ...
1. Cancer is curable, at least many forms of it are.
2. Animals do have cognitive abilities - they need them for hunting and for self-defence, for example.

All the best,
David
Miaacoby

Post by Miaacoby »

murad agayev wrote:Some people think it is necessary to use animals for testing medicines intended for human use. Others, however, think it is cruel to do that. Discuss both of these views and give you own opinion.

Doctors and scientists have been testing medicines on animals before their application on human being. In a broader view, this practice in intended to save life of human from tests phases of medicine. Some people argue support this practice citing number of human lives saved by this practice. On the other hand, some people recommend to prohibit this practice citing the animals rights. Both sides of the views are being analyzed before drawing a reasoned conclusion.

People have different views about whether animals should be used in medical tests. While in some ways doing medical experiments on animals may seem reasonable, I personally believe that animal testing is cruel and inhuman.

To first camp, drugs should be tested on animals before testing on human. They argue that life of a human is more precious and essential than life of an animal and therefore, negative surprising impacts of a newly invented medicine should not impact human life. They argue that animal life is less precious and hence it should be subject to such tests.An argument that support this view is that animal can not be educated and developed as good professionals so their life has less impact and contribution to the universe. Therefore, life of a human is more important and thus it should be saved from newly produced medicines. Thus, it is clear why some people support that drugs should be tests on animals rather human being.

To the other camp, animals has same rights as human. They argue that animals are equally beneficial to the Universe and hence they should be treated equal to human being. Contribution of animals might be different than human but its importance can not be under estimated. For example, cows produce milk and many other diary products which human being can not do. Thus importance of contribution of animals equalize them to human beings and hence they deserve equal rights. Therefore, animals should be subject to medicine tests citing their less importance. Thus, it can be seen that why many people are against testing of medicines on animals.

Some people support testing of medicines on animals instead of human while some people support this. After analyzing rights of human and animals, it can be reasonably argued that medicines should be tests on animals before human being as life of human being is more essential for Universe. This it concluded that newly manufactures medicines should be tested on animals.

There are various reasons why carrying medical tests on animals might be considered necessary, which destine for human use. Firstly, animal testing contribute to many life-saving cures and treatments. For example, testing new drugs on animals could help to major advances in understanding and treating incurable diseases such as cancer and hepatitis. Furthermore, animals often make better research subjects than human beings because of their shorter life cycles. For instance, laboratory mice and rabbits live for only two-three years, so medical researchers can study the effects of new drugs over a whole lifespan, which would be infeasible using human subjects.

However, I agree with those who consider that experiments on animals are terrifying and painful procedure. On the one hand, most tests involving animals are flawed, wasting the lives of them. Not only majority of animals used in medical researches suffer during the studies, but also many of them are killed during or after the experiments. On the other hand, animals can suffer like humans do, so it is fact that humans are refrained from medical tests in reality. While discriminating against animals comes from the fact that animals do not have the cognitive and language ability, in this case humans do not have moral right to do medical tests on them.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the lives of animals should be respected, and alternative methods of medical tests should be used.
(270 words)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

murad agayev wrote:Some people think it is necessary to use animals for testing medicines intended for human use. Others, however, think it is cruel to do that. Discuss both of these views and give you own opinion.

There are various reasons why carrying out medical tests on animals might be considered necessary. Firstly, animal testing contributes to many life-saving cures and treatments. For example, testing new drugs on animals could lead to major advances in understanding and treating incurable diseases such as cancer and hepatitis. Furthermore, animals often make better research subjects than human beings because of their shorter life cycles. For instance, laboratory mice and rabbits live for only two or three years, so medical researchers can study the effects of new drugs over a whole lifespan, which would be infeasible using human subjects.

However, I agree with those who consider that experiments on animals are terrifying and painful procedures. On the one hand, most tests involving animals are flawed, wasting lives unnecessarily. Not only do the majority of animals used in medical researches suffer during the studies, but also many of them are killed during or after the experiments. On the other hand, animals can suffer like humans do, which is why humans are excluded from medical tests in reality. While discriminating against animals comes from the fact that animals do not have cognitive and language ability, in this case humans do not have the moral right to do medical tests on them.

(270 words)