Task 2 7+ (01)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2 7+ (01)

Post by Aky »

Task 2
some people think that popular consumer good is the power of advertising.
what do you think it is true or not ?

my response:

The last fifty years have seen a considerable increase in the development of advertisements. Yet, there remains some disagreements as to whether the overall effects of advertising have been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is my personal conviction that the benefits of advertisements far outweigh its drawbacks. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

Firstly, it is an indisputable fact that advertisements have been vitally important for goods and products to spread widely and globally. Although these advertisements can encourage consumers to make a purchase, advertisement always give brief information about a brand new product for the people. These goods and products would be better and more affordable than others and this allows and helps consumers to buy goods for sale. Furthermore, it might be said that, advertisements play a pivotal role in terms of alarming people with original goods and this prevents consumers not to buy goods and products which are considered to be handmade. Admittedly, in danger of unoriginal products advertisement helps people to become aware of them.

Conversely, some people feel that the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising with eminent people in the media. Undoubtedly, famous singers and actors play an important role to encourage consumers to purchase. Moreover, it is often said that product owners need to add some words which are untrue and this also attracts more people.

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that advertisements have been the best option to inform people with new products. Nevertheless, advertisements in today’s world has become business and due to the power of advertising some goods are popular.
(240 words)
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 2 7+ (01)

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

First main paragraph - “These goods would be better and more affordable than others”. This is simply untrue. Also, advertising doesn't usually help people buy goods, unless you mean ads tell them where to buy the goods. Alarming people??? “Prevents consumers not to buy goods”??? “In danger of unoriginal products”???

Second main paragraph – Why do untrue words attract people?

Conclusion – You cannot really claim that advertisements are the best way to tell people about new products when you haven't even considered the other options.

Overall, poor vocabulary and a lack of clarity make this essay really hard to understand.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Aky wrote:Task 2

my response:

The last fifty years have seen a considerable increase in the development of advertisements. However, there remains some disagreements as to whether the overall effects of advertising have been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is my personal conviction that the benefits of advertisements far outweigh its drawbacks. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

Firstly, it is an indisputable fact that advertisements are vitally important for goods and products to spread widely and globally. Although these advertisements can encourage consumers to make a purchase, advertisements always give basic information about a brand new product. These goods and products would be better and more affordable than others and this allows and helps consumers to buy goods for sale.(<--Why are advertised products better and more affordable than products not advertised?) Furthermore, it might be said that advertisements play a pivotal role in terms of alarming people with original goods and this prevents consumers not to buy goods and products which are considered to be handmade.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) Admittedly, in danger of unoriginal products advertisement helps people to become aware of them.(<--I don't understand this sentence.)

Conversely, some people feel that the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising by eminent people in the media. Undoubtedly, famous singers and actors play an important role in encouraging consumers to purchase. Moreover, it is often said that product owners need to add some words which are untrue and this also attracts more people.(<--I don't understand this sentence.)

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that advertisements are the best option to inform people about new products. Nevertheless, advertisements in today’s world has become business and due to the power of advertising some goods are popular.(<--I don't understand this sentence.)
(240 words)
Aky

Post by Aky »

Aky wrote:Task 2

my response:

The last fifty years have seen a considerable increase in the development of advertisements. Yet, there remains some disagreements as to whether the overall effects of advertising have been positive or negative. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, it is my personal conviction that the benefits of advertisements far outweigh its drawbacks. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

Firstly, it is an indisputable fact that advertisements have been vitally important for goods and products to spread widely and globally. Although these advertisements can encourage consumers to make a purchase, advertisement always give brief information about a brand new product for the people. These goods and products would be better and more affordable than others and this allows and helps consumers to buy goods for sale. Furthermore, it might be said that, advertisements play a pivotal role in terms of alarming people with original goods and this prevents consumers not to buy goods and products which are considered to be handmade. Admittedly, in danger of unoriginal products advertisement helps people to become aware of them.

Conversely, some people feel that the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising with eminent people in the media. Undoubtedly, famous singers and actors play an important role to encourage consumers to purchase. Moreover, it is often said that product owners need to add some words which are untrue and this also attracts more people.

In conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that advertisements have been the best option to inform people with new products. Nevertheless, advertisements in today’s world has become business and due to the power of advertising some goods are popular.
(240 words)