Writing Task 2 band : 9

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Writing Task 2 band : 9

Post by Aky »

Hello ! this is not my sample essay dear examiners. A book says this is at band 7+ which means this essay
Probably will get more than 7 . How or where I can find reliable samples which are above 7 or even 6
So dear Examiners leave your advise Thank You very much for a help in advance…. So here one of the samples is submitted by me from the book-named- WRITE RIGHT

Men and women are different in terms of their characteristics and abilities. For this reason, some jobs are better done by men and others by women.
Do you agree or disagree?

Model Answer A: IELTS Band 7+
These days, it seems that more women are entering “male occupations” than ever before and vice versa. While some still hold to the conservative view that certain jobs are better performed by men and others by women, it is my personal belief that people of their sex are capable of doing any job effectively. The reasons for my position are as follows.

First of all, I believe it is a mistake to base our views on broad generalisations about the
characteristics of men and women as such stereotypes are often inaccurate. Although there are certainly traits which are typical of men and others which are typical of women, there are exceptions to every rule. Not all women are physically weak, just as not all men are poor interpersonal communicators; conventional gender roles are not appropriate for everybody. If a man and woman desires to pursue a career which is traditionally reserved for the opposite sex, I believe he/ she should be provided the opportunity to prove him/ herself capable.

Secondly, I would contend that the presence of both males and females in a workplace brings a sense of balance. Men and women frequently, though by no means always, have different methods of doing things. Rather than judging these differences to be weakness, I feel that we should view them as opportunities for innovation and the discovery of more effective and efficient work practices. A person’s weakness can thus be transformed into strengths.

In summary, I once again reaffirm my position that both male and female employees are an asset to any industry and as our stereotypes about men and women are not always appropriate, we must not discourage anyone from choosing an occupation simply because of his/ her gender.
(285 words)