capital punishment vs life sentence T2 - kindly evaluate my essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Vodo_Virus

capital punishment vs life sentence T2 - kindly evaluate my essay

Post by Vodo_Virus »

By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison Is a better punishment for murderers.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Capital punishment is one of the most debated penalties. It is believed by some to be immoral and unfair to take the life of another human being. On the other hand, some support it. In my opinion, I believe it is a mandatory punishment and that it has many advantages including and not limited to: deterring criminals and decreasing crime rates. it also gives revenge to the relatives of the victims and send an idea that Crime is not tolerated. This essay will discuss this point of view in detail

one of the Most apparent and beneficial merits of incorporating death penalty in the judicial system is its Deterrence effect on Criminals. Studies have shown that applying the death penalty alone drops murder crimes by 30 percent compared to life sentence in prison. Based on that, the deterrence effect of capital punishment contributed to decreased crime rates.

Another reason to apply death penalty on murderers is calming the families of the victims and giving them a feel that justice is served. This gives them a feel of revenge so that they don’t seek it personally as seen in some places where blood vengeance runs in rival families for decades Whereas a sentence of life in prison would not have the same effect

in conclusion, capital punishment is mandatory to secure our societies, deter murderers and decrease crime rates. It also, gives a feeling of justice to the relatives and loved ones of the victims which help break the revenge cycle that runs in some families.
Vodo_Virus

Re: capital punishment vs life sentence T2 - kindly evaluate my essay

Post by Vodo_Virus »

Any comments please ? This is my first essay here :)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: capital punishment vs life sentence T2 - kindly evaluate my essay

Post by Flick »

Vodo_Virus wrote:By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison Is a better punishment for murderers.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Capital punishment is one of the most debated penalties for criminal acts. It is believed by some to be immoral and unfair to take the life of another human being. On the other hand, some support it. In my opinion, I believe it is a mandatory punishment and that it has many advantages including and not limited to deterring criminals and lowering crime rates. It also gives revenge to the relatives of the victims and sends the message that crime is not tolerated. This essay will discuss this point of view in detail.

One of the most apparent and beneficial merits of incorporating the death penalty into the judicial system is its deterrent effect on criminals. Studies have shown that applying the death penalty alone drops murder rates by 30 percent compared to a life sentence in prison. Based on that, the effect of capital punishment on decreased crime rates is clear.

Another reason to apply the death penalty to murderers is calming the families of the victims and giving them a feeling that justice has been served. This gives them a sense of revenge so that they don’t seek it personally as seen in some places where blood vengeance runs in rival families. A sentence of life in prison would not have the same effect.

in conclusion, capital punishment is mandatory to secure our societies, deter murderers and lower crime rates. It also gives a feeling of justice to the relatives and loved ones of the victims, which helps break the revenge cycle that runs in some families.