keep trying !! pls grade me. thank you!!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

keep trying !! pls grade me. thank you!!

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Some people say that giving education is the best way to reduce crime. Others think it is better to introduce longer punishments. Discuss both views and give your opinion

In the present age, it seems that there is increasing the crime rate. Some people argue that the excellent method to decrease crime by providing education. While some believe that it is good to implement stiff punishments. These points of view will be discussed before arriving a satisfactory outcome.

On the one hand, some people are in the position that it is the best idea to drop the criminal acts by offering offenders opportunities to rehabilitate their misbehaviors. For example, in Hong Kong, for a first-time offender who has committed minor crime, a judge frequently provided him/her a rehabilitation program to help the offender with job training and life skills. It can be argued that revising their bad behaviors can address the root causes and also lessen the crime rate. Thus, it is clear that why some people gravitate towards this point of view.

On the other hand, many argue that giving a more severe sentence is the effective way to curb the offences. For instance, someone who has committed a serious criminal act will need a long time in prison in order to be sure he/she will not revert to crime. Thus, the longer prison sentences will act as a deterrent for someone who is thinking of committing a crime. After analyzing this point of view, it is certainly true that why many support this claim.

In conclusion, the issue of whether we should educate the criminals or giving them longer prison sentences is supported and refuted by many. However, after analyzing these points of view, I personally believe that giving longer punishments is the most effective way to deter crime. It is highly recommended that the government should implement stringent laws.