pls help task 1 complain letter (hotel)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls help task 1 complain letter (hotel)

Post by rairaichan0323 »

You recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of the year and heating/cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate.

Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter, give details of what was wrong, explain what you had to do overcome the problem at the time and say what action you would like the manager to take.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your heating system in the hotel. Allow me to elaborate on why I am so perturbed.

I stayed at your hotel on 24th of September and my room number is 1203. I understand that this year the climate was extremely cooler than normal. On that night, it was only 5 degrees. So I did turn on the heater; however, I discovered that the system did not work properly. I tried to adjust it a few times but it still did not recover. Although I put on all the jackets and covered with two blankets, I still cannot feel warm enough. As a result, I was sleepless for a whole night.

I consent that it was abnormal situation but the hotel has a duty to make sure all the facilities should be functional. Given the fact that was entirely the fault of your hotel. I feel that I am entitled to request a full refund. I can be contacted at the address along with my phone number provided above. I would appreciate your prompt revolution of this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Janis Lam
durai

Re: pls help task 1 complain letter (hotel)

Post by durai »

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your heating system in the hotel. Allow me to elaborate on(remove 'on' why I am so perturbed.

I stayed at your hotel on 24th of( remove 'of' September, and my room number was 1203. I understand that this year the climate was extremely cooler than normal. On that night, it was only 5 degrees. So I did turn on the heater, however, I discovered('discovered' may not appropriate for this task) that the system did not work properly. I tried to adjust( waht do you mean by' adjust'/) it a few times but it still did not recover(grammatical wrong sentence). Although I wore a few jackets and used couple of blankets, I) remove 'I' still was not warm enough. As a result, I was sleepless for a whole night.

I consent that it was abnormal situation|( do you mean ' climate change' but the hotel's management must ensure that all the facilities should be functional. Given the fact that was entirely the fault of your hotel, I feel that I am entitled to request a full refund. I can be contacted at the address along with my phone number provided above.( as you didn't mention your address and contact number above, you are not supposed to refer I would appreciate your prompt revolution ( revolution ?), could be 'response ' suits best of this matter.

task response is visible though some poor word choices and grammatical errors stop logical flow, overall not bad letter.

could be band 6, ( I am not sure)
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
rairaichan0323

Re: pls help task 1 complain letter (hotel)

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Thank you Durai !!