Application letter - anybody please asses it.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jegankgm

Application letter - anybody please asses it.

Post by jegankgm »

You have seen an advertisement for a weekend job as a local tour guide showing visitors around your city.

Write a letter of application to the tourism office. In letter

* give your reason for wanting the job.
* explain why you think can do the job
* describe the relevant experience

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you regarding tour guide position posted on the local newspaper. I believe I fulfill your requirements and hope that you will consider my application.

I have recently joined diploma course in tourism. To support my education and get experience in tourism, I am looking for weekend tour guide job.

I have been living in this town since my childhood. I am familiar with all tourist spots and its history. In addition to this, I have joined in the local groups which are doing conservation activities of the monuments. I have been learning new facts about histrocial spots during the meeting of the group.

Recently I have been working as a hotel receptionist in the evening. So , I have experience in dealing with overseas clients, and I am enjoying it. Therefore I felt that I am in a good position to lead tourist groups around famous sites.

I hope you will consider for this post, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Jegan
chaiguy
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Application letter - anybody please asses it.

Post by chaiguy »

jegankgm wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you regarding the Tour Guide position posted in the local newspaper (name the paper. Also state the date when Tour Guide position was listed in the newspaper). I believe I fulfill your requirements and hope that you will consider my application.

I recently started a Diploma Course in Tourism at the (Where did you study?), however, to support my education and to also gain experience in the tourism industry, I am looking for a weekend job as a tour guide.

I have been living in this town (name the town) since my childhood (give an exact number, ie. since I was 6 years old) so I am familiar with all the town's tourist spots and its history. Furthermore, I have joined a local group (name the group) which allows me to learn new facts about our local history spots.

Recently I have been working as a hotel receptionist (name the hotel) in the evening (every evening? How many days a week?), so I have experience in dealing with overseas clients. With this, I feel that I am in a good position to lead tourist groups around our local famous historical sites.

I hope you will consider me for this post, and I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours Sincerely, (Add a gap here to separate your sign off and your name)

Jegan (Include your full name here)
I would also add another paragraph to add one or two reasons why you want the job. For instance, you could mention your passion for history and your pride for the local town.
jegankgm

Re: Application letter - anybody please asses it.

Post by jegankgm »

Thanks for the assessment. This helps me a lot :) .