task 2- my first writing here :)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
wilvenmay

task 2- my first writing here :)

Post by wilvenmay »

topic: increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extend do you agree or disagree? what other measures do you think might be effective?

Petrol is one of the things we use every day. We cannot travel, go to work, ride a plane or jeepney without it. Petrol price affects not only the drivers and businessmen, it also affects the consumers. In addition, an increase in petrol price makes the price of our basic needs, which is food also increases. Rice,sugar, flour, cooking oil dramatically increases. Thus, is it the best solution to resolve our country's pollution and traffic difficulties? or there is another way to resolve this problem?

Every day we encounter traffic jams, making a lot of people stressful. Moreover, there are different types of pollution we encounter today, namely: air pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution. Pollution is the end product of petrol. Petrol is converted by engines or machinery which increases pollution levels of our country.Henceforth, Increasing the price of petrol would decrease the pollution problems.

For my own standpoint, I do not agree of increasing the cost of petrol. Nevertheless, it would not be practical for it affects a lot of goods on the market. However, we can think of better ways to find a substitute or replacement of making petrol as a source of energy. As an environment loving person, I would suggest the use of hydroelectric or solar energy as a mean or mode of transportation. Through these methods we can decrease the usage of petrol, thus, decreasing pollution. Change should also start with the citizens living in the country. Filipinos should make walking and the use of a bicycle an alternative for transportation. Not only they are lessening pollution problems; they are also helping themselves to prevent cardiovascular diseases.

--please tell me about your comments :) and possible score.
I am looking for it. I am taking my exam on September 6, 2014. Help me. :(
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: task 2- my first writing here :)

Post by Flick »

wilvenmay wrote:topic: increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extend do you agree or disagree? what other measures do you think might be effective?

Petrol is one of the things we use every day. We cannot travel, go to work, ride a plane or jeepney without it. Petrol price affects not only the drivers and businessmen, it also affects the consumers. In addition, an increase in petrol pricealso leads to an increase in the price of other basic needs, such as food. The price of rice,sugar, flour and cooking oil dramatically increases. Thus, is it the best solution to resolve our country's pollution and traffic difficulties? Or there is another way to resolve this problem?

Every day we encounter traffic jams, making a lot of people stressed. Moreover, there are different types of pollution we encounter today, namely: air pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution. Pollution is the end product of petrol. Petrol is converted by engines or machinery which increases the pollution levels of our country. Henceforth, increasing the price of petrol would decrease the pollution problems.(<--Why? You need to justify this statement. For example, I can't just say, "Cats are betther than dogs." I need to give a reason, such as, "Cats are better than dogs because they are cleaner and easier to care for.")

I do not agree with increasing the cost of petrol as it would not be practical for it affects a lot of goods on the market. However, we need to find a substitute or replacement for petrol as a source of energy. As an environment loving person, I would suggest the use of hydroelectric or solar energy as a means of transportation. Through these methods we can decrease the usage of petrol, thus, decreasing pollution. Change should also start with the citizens living in the country. Filipinos should make walking and riding a bicycle an alternative method of transportation. Not only they are lessening pollution problems; they are also helping themselves to prevent cardiovascular diseases.(<--Reword to: "Not only will this help reduce pollution, it also helps individuals to improve their health.")
Good luck for your exam!!