Please, review and critique my ielts speaking and give a score from 9 band.Thanks

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
yusuf

Please, review and critique my ielts speaking and give a score from 9 band.Thanks

Post by yusuf »

download/file.php?id=772
Attachments
yusuf.mp3
(9.21 MiB) Downloaded 807 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please, review and critique my ielts speaking and give a score from 9 band.Thanks

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Yusuf. Thank you for sharing your recording. This was an authentic practice for you, and I think doing that will benefit you as you prepare for the IELTS. Nice work.
First, I want to say that you used some good vocabulary. I heard these words in the first five and a half minutes of the recording that I listened to: vicinity, immense, brainstorming, jigsaws.
Next, I want to address the coherency and fluency of your answers. Please consider using more introduction and conclusion phrases, as well as transition phrases. These will give your speech more structure and help you to stay within your time limits for the answers, which you seem to struggle with now. I liked this one that you used: “I would propose firstly. . .” Additionally, you have a lot of “Er,” “Uh,” etc. that decrease your overall fluency.
Your pronunciation is okay, but it could use some work. I would encourage you to spend your time working on grammar and coherency/fluency. Here are some other notes:
--I’m civil engineer for profession. – I’m A civil engineer BY profession.
--I studied from University of Engineering. . .- I studied engineering AT university
--Since then I was/am working – Since then, I HAVE BEEN WORKING
--Is pretty much good. . .—Is PRETTY GOOD – TRY TO BE MORE SPECIFIC HERE. THIS IS TOO VAGUE.
-Going out for different type of work. . .and grocery things. . .—different TYPES of work – AVOID SAYING “THINGS.”
--Signalized junction? – I know what you’re saying, but it is a bit of an awkward phrase. You also say it a lot, so maybe try to find a synonym for it, such as “traffic signals at intersections.”
--There is a bit hassle moving around the market. . .-There is some congestion around the market, making it difficult to move around.
--Traffic problem usually affect me when there is a need for impending task or important task to do. – Traffic PROGBLEMS usually affect me when there is a need TO ACCOMPLISH AN IMPORTANT TASK – “IMPENDING” is too formal for this context.
--There need to be proper signing (signage) – There NEEDS to be proper SIGNAGE.
--Decent lightning in the evening - LIGHTING – You confused the words “lightning” and “lighting.”
--I particularly like to enjoy – I particularly enjoy
It give me. . .- GIVES
Favoritest game – My favorite game
Best wishes as you continue to practice!