what happened exactly
and explain why it is a happy memory.
Attachments
Jan 9, 2016, 6_54_54 PM.mp3
(6.17 MiB) Downloaded 425 times
glishteach

Re: Please assess my speaking

Post by glishteach »

There is too much noise in your recording. It is far too distracting unfortunately for me to listen to.
I am an IELTS teacher on the Skype platform.
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please assess my speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hello!
Thanks for sharing about your first time traveling overseas and being on a plane. It sounds like it was quite an exciting trip for you and your siblings!
Your organization was good, overall. You have a good introduction and conclusion. You might include more transition words, such as, “after that,” “in addition,” etc. It was easy to follow your speech’s progress from beginning to end; you didn’t jump around too much (unlike when you were supposed to be sitting in one seat  ).
You spoke fluently and at a good rate. Your pronunciation was pretty easy to understand.
I didn’t notice too many higher-level vocabulary words, so you might work on adding one or two into your next practice answer. Don’t overdo it, though, and make sure you use them correctly. You don’t want to sound too formal. Speaking of sounding to formal, we usually say “get on a plane” instead of “enter a plane.”
As far as grammar goes, you have some trouble with prepositions that go with verbs, so make sure to study up on those. You’ll see some examples in the notes I have for you below. You also should study up on the present perfect to make sure you use it correctly. You used it correctly in the speech, but it was a bit awkward when you said “might have got annoyed.” This would have been better stated as “may have been annoyed.”
Notes:

--The first time we were sitting on a plane – the first time we had been on a plane
--Entered the plane for the first time – got on the plane for the first time
---Hard to make us sit at one place – IN one place
--In time of emergency – in CASE OF an emergency
--I want to sit in the window seat. – I WANTED to sit in the window seat.

Best wishes as you continue to practice!