your favourite website.mp3
(5.38 MiB) Downloaded 488 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please rate my recording which is about favourite website

Post by lmoore »

Hi, abbasazarmehrput.
This website sounds really helpful for your studies! Thanks for sharing.
I would encourage you to speed up your talking a bit, as has been mentioned before. You are capable of doing so, I believe, without people not being able to understand you. You will still be understandable if you speed up your rate of speech.
Here are some notes for this particular recording:
Let me give you example – AN example
Informative information and feedback – “Inform” is repetitive here.
In which areas you are weak at – areas in which you are weak
Resultses – results (wrong plural form)
I can exercise with that – I can do those exercises. / I can practice with those materials.
What all candidates are talking about different centers – what all candidates are saying about different centers
Speed is still a concern.
The first part that I go – the first part that I go to is. . .
Can have a feedback about – can have feedback about (“Feedback” is a – non-count noun, so you don’t need “a” before it.)

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Cliff.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please rate my recording which is about favourite website

Post by Cliff.IELTS.Examiner »

This meets all the criteria for band 7. You start off a little slowly, and there are quite a few hesitations These hesitations keep you out of the 8 band range which requires that your speech be “fluent” At 7, “some hesitation may occur, often mid sentence”.

You have a good lexical resource, and some knowledge of less common words and collocations. All this fits squarely with the 7 band. Grammar is very good really, very few errors, good range of sentence structures, but a few errors. Pronunciation is also a strong 7.

To improve, you need to become a little more fluent, with longer runs of uninterrupted speech. That way you’ll make the 8 band in FC, and it will also lift your pronunciation. With all the hesitations, you are unable to meet the band 8 criterion “able to sustain appropriate rhythm.