Assess my speaking in a mock exam

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
mhdganji

Assess my speaking in a mock exam

Post by mhdganji »

Hi,
I just participated in an ILETS Mock exam and this is my speaking test.
Please point me useful notes and your opinions

thanks so much
Attachments
mhd-mock.mp3
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 805 times
rzz

Re: Assess my speaking in a mock exam

Post by rzz »

Well ..

i found non serious attitude with low quality of sound recording.

Please get a friend as examiner and record mock again.
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Assess my speaking in a mock exam

Post by lmoore »

Hello, mhdganji,
Thanks for sharing your recording with us. The Black Sea sounds like an amazing place to visit. Here are some notes to help you potentially improve your speaking score.

At first, you started out very slowly and uncertainly, but you quickly regained your fluency and were able to speak directly to the questions with some good detail. You were easy to understand most of the time, but there were some audio recording issues (Perhaps you were too far from the microphone?) as well as some pronunciation problems.
Regarding organization, you were able to stay on topic without much difficulty and to provide nice introduction phrases to help your speech flow clearly. Consider adding more transitions and conclusions to your answers when time permits.
Pronunciation of the /th/ sound is something I would recommend that you work on. When you said “three,” it came out “tree,” and when you said “that,” it sounded like “dat.” “There” sounded like “dere.” Make sure your tongue is between your teeth when you say this sound.
As far as vocabulary goes, there wasn’t much in the way of high-level vocabulary in your speech. I did hear “aspects,” but I also heard you said “beautiful” about four times. You should work on creating a list of synonyms for words that are commonly said in IELTS speeches, like “beautiful,” to help you expand your vocabulary. Tell me something specific about why the bridges on the sea are beautiful. Is it the sunlight reflecting off the water that makes the sea beautiful?
Your grammar was a little hard to assess because of the quality of the recording. One thing I did hear was “This laughing shouldn’t be making fun of everyone.” This could have been, “Laughing shouldn’t be used to make fun of everyone.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!