hey guys please listen to my voice and gimme some tips

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
right

hey guys please listen to my voice and gimme some tips

Post by right »

hey guys,

I just recorded my voice. I'm talking about a place I like to in it. please kindly evaluate it and give some tips how to improve my speaking. I'll take IELTS in 12th september next month

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=593

love,
mir mahnaa
Attachments
a_place_i_like.mp3
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 513 times
mhdganji

Re: hey guys please listen to my voice and gimme some tips

Post by mhdganji »

Hi there.
Here are my points

- First of all, you have chosen a very simple topic. try more difficult ones.
- do not speak as if you are reading a newspaper. you should sometimes go load, down, turn back to a word or sentence, laugh, etc.
- you use very simple and ordinary grammar and words.

I think you will get 5 or 5.5

and BTW, where is the second part. try to speak about a cue card (topic) and post it too. Based on that, we can better assess your speaking power
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hey, Right.
Thanks for sharing your recording. It was a bit short and on a rather basic topic, but I can point out a few things to possibly help you improve.
First, you were pretty conversational, so it didn’t sound to me like you were reading something. That is a good place to start.
Next, I would encourage you to expand your vocabulary by making recordings of yourself speaking on different topics. Listen to those topics, and write down the words you say over and over again. Then go to thesaurus.com, and try to find some suitable synonyms for those words. Repeat answering the questions in a recording again, and use the new vocabulary. Also use the new words in conversations in English.
You used some form of the word “refresh” at least three times in your recording, and you also used “environment” more than once. I would start with finding synonyms for these words first.
Here are some grammar notes:
I like to hear – I would like to hear
Exam at 12th September – ON THE 12th of September
I just sat there doing nothing – You are talking about a habit, so it needs to be in the present tense.
I agree that you might try some more difficult topics on cue cards for parts 2 and 3 and upload those recordings for a more in-depth assessment of your speaking.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
dvlznoob

Post by dvlznoob »

You are from Qatar?

because you say that your exam will be on 12 September
and its the same date that i will do my exam

بالتوفيق