energy.mp3
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please grade.

Post by Larry »

Hello again Mohammed,

I think you would definitely get at least a 7 with this answer. I would probably say it's around a 7 to 7.5.

Your fluency and coherence were quite good, no major problems there. You did a great job expanding on the question about your country having nuclear energy even though your country doesn't have nuclear energy.

Your vocabulary was relatively varied and there weren't many inappropriate choices.

You had some basic grammar mistakes that you could avoid. Be careful with your plurals. There were a couple of times you didn't pluralize a word. Also there were one or two verb tense mistakes. (Mistake: Our economy is mainly relied on... Possible fixes: Our economy has mainly relied on... or Our economy mainly relies on...). But all things considered there weren't many grammar mistakes and you showed a decent grammatical range.

Your pronunciation is okay but I can definitely hear the influence of your L1 (your first language). Some pronunciation was a little off, like "nuclear". But all in all everything was understandable which is the most important thing.

I think it was a great answer, especially if you are aiming at a 7. I think this answer would definitely get you there. If your whole speaking exam went as well as this answer I would say it might even be possible for you to get an 8. But definitely 7.5 would be achievable.

Good job! :)
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.
Mohammed

Post by Mohammed »

Thanks Larry:-) Your feedback made me a bit happy.But if you have some time, please have a look at my essay on the writing section of this site.I have serious concerns about writing.I need 7 in this section.I know that i don't write at a 7 band level.Please go over my essay and tell my mistakes.Thanks
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by Larry »

Hi Mohammed,

I'm glad I could give you some good news on your speaking. :) I took a look at your writing and did some corrections.
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.
Mohammed

Post by Mohammed »

Thank you Larry:)