Feedback needed for my speaking sample.

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
lkrishna

Feedback needed for my speaking sample.

Post by lkrishna »

IELTS Speaking... Cue Card

Describe what you usually do in your leisure time.
You should say:

What do you do?
Who you do this with?
Where you do it?

And explain why you like to spend your free time this way.

** Please provide feedback so I could improve myself**
Attachments
rec_120s.mp3
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 447 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Feedback needed for my speaking sample.

Post by lmoore »

Hello, lkrishna,
Thank you for sharing your recording. Driving is a lot of fun, especially with the right car, the right road, and the right weather.
First, I’d like to say that you were fluent overall in your speech. There were few pauses in your recording, and you continued speaking. However, you did repeat yourself a few times, like when you said that driving is your passion. There were few transition words or phrases to link the different parts of your speech together. The introduction was weak, and you had no conclusion at all. You just repeated that driving is your passion. I would work on organization as your main area in which you can improve.
Additionally, I would suggest you work on improving your vocabulary by learning synonyms. In particular, you could learn synonyms for “drive,” which you say over and over again throughout the recording. One synonym is “cruise” for driving in a leisurely way. You did use some higher-level vocabulary, like precaution.
pronounced more like “advantIge” with a short /i/ sound.
Grammatically, there were not that many problems. I did pick up on the phrase “most of the times,” which should be singular, “most of the time.”
Finally, you should work on your pronunciation of a few words. I heard “wack” when you meant “work,” and I heard “advantaaaage” with a very long /a/ sound at the end instead of “advantage,” which is
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
lkrishna

Re: Feedback needed for my speaking sample.

Post by lkrishna »

Hi lmoore,

Thanks you very much for your feedback. I will certainly work on the areas you mentioned. I appreciate you help.

Krish.