please asses my speaking.

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Mohammed

please asses my speaking.

Post by Mohammed »

please check my speaking.I am a self-studying candidate and I dont have any partner.
Attachments
employment.mp3
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 353 times
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: please asses my speaking.

Post by Larry »

Hello Mohammed,

Your fluency and coherence are mostly good. Your pauses are natural, lots of "uh" and "ummm" which is common and natural for native speakers. And your hesitation seemed to be content based rather than language based.

You answer was also very easy to follow because you mentioned what you were going to talk about before you started talking about it. You answers were accurate and on topic as well. You lost me a bit at the very end talking about IT professionals being a requirement of the modern age but you could have brought it back by saying that is why it is a well paying job.

You also use some complex vocabulary and use it correctly (procedure, statistical evidence, etc.), which is great.

There was some misuse of vocabulary you might want to work on though.

For example: "qualificated" should be qualified (I know it's easy to mix up suffixes ;) ), "since past case" should be changed to something like: compared with the past, instead of "out of that" use "besides that" or "in addition to that", also convenient was used in a slightly incorrect way.

Overall your grammar was good. There were some mistakes with articles (dropping a or the) and plurals (policy - policies). And you added an extra "get", "they are get accepted to", which could be changed to "they are accepted to" or "they get accepted to". But overall you had good grammar range and accuracy. You used "It has been decreased dramatically..." correctly which is a fairly advanced tense.

You pronunciation on the whole was very understandable. There were a few places where I lost you a bit due to pronunciation. Be careful with ch/j, your pronunciation of "searching" sounded a bit like "surging". Also you stressed the wrong syllable on "talented". Work a little on your pronunciation of "usually" as well since that is such a common word. But like I said, on the whole your pronunciation was mostly clear and easy to understand.

Some of other things I noticed:

You kept repeating "in my country" but you never said what your country is. Try to not use the same vocabulary again and again. Mix saying your country and saying "in my country".

Also for a Part 2 question your answer was a bit long (2:30, the limit is 2:00), you probably wouldn't be able to cover the last point in an actual test. To make sure you cover all the points, prepare a lot for the last point and less for the previous points. That way you cover all of the points and still talk for the required amount.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.
Mohammed

Post by Mohammed »

Thanks for your suggestions, Larry:)I have deliberately made it so long so that to practise speaking more than 2 minutes.for your If you told that what band it worths,I would be happy.Thanks again
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by Larry »

Hello Mohammed,

It is a good idea to prepare for longer than 2 minutes so you won't have trouble filling 1 minute. Just make sure when you take the test you are able to cover all the points before the two minutes is up.

I'm not an examiner, but if I had to give you a band score I would probably say your answer was around a 6.5 or 7.

Hope this helps, good luck with your studies!
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.