Please rate my speaking

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
masimshehzad

Please rate my speaking

Post by masimshehzad »

Attachments
speaking.mp3
(5.39 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.
masimshehzad

Re: Please rate my speaking

Post by masimshehzad »

Anyone to reply please?
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recording of your answers to several sample IELTS questions.

You were very thorough in your responses. You addressed the questions directly and kept your answers short and to the point. Here are some areas on which you can improve:

1.) Fluency: Although I could tell you were likely reading from something you had written previously, your speaking speed was a bit slow. Reading helped you avoid troublesome silences and pauses, but be careful not to memorize your answers before you take the test. The idea is to see how fluent you can be in conversation with someone in English. You answered many different types of questions, which definitely gives you good practice in answering questions from various content areas, but avoid overdoing it.

2.) Grammar: Focus on subject/verb agreement. Several times throughout your speech, you used the incorrect verb with your subject. For example, I think I heard you say, "these habits has been descended from their ancestors." Instead, you might say, "These habits HAVE been handed down from their ancestors." Verb tenses sometimes were also rather difficult. You stated at one point that the "majority of people can easily found" instead of "find." Also, you often say "emphasize on" instead of just "emphasize." You could avoid repeating "emphasize" by using a synonym like, "put stress on," or "concentrate on," or "focus on."

3.) Vocabulary: In general, your vocabulary was specific and correct. However, there were a few times when expressions gave you some trouble. For instance, you said, "take degrees" right before you said "achieve degrees." "Achieve" is the correct choice, and you could also say "earn."

4.) Pronunciation: Sometimes, words were difficult to understand. Syllable stress is important for improvement. You said compe TEN cy instead of COMPetency at one point.

Best wishes on your practicing!
chadny013

Post by chadny013 »

well personally i think you have to work on your fluency and some pronunciation. Other wise its ok.