Inviting, Looking for IELTS Speaking Preparation

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
bunni015

Inviting, Looking for IELTS Speaking Preparation

Post by bunni015 »

Hi All,

I am searching , looking and inviting aspirants who wish to practice speaking. Since, from the point, I received my first attempt IELTS results and felt that the result was not matching my expected score. I firmly decided, to engage and prepare myself with all the four sections, again. So, I request , keen exam takers, if anyone is looking a company to practice speaking, kindly add my Skype name, "bunni015".

I'll also try to post and upload my speaking practice topics from next week.

Anyone , holding any band are welcome to contribute and post their speakings in this post. Look this post as an opportunity to share and enhance your speaking ability.

Regards
Bunni
Ryan

Re: Inviting, Looking for IELTS Speaking Preparation

Post by Ryan »

Good luck with your studies, Bunni. I'm looking forward to hearing your speaking samples.
anu andy

Post by anu andy »

bunni015 wrote:Hi All,

I am searching , looking and inviting aspirants who wish to practice speaking. Since, from the point, I received my first attempt IELTS results and felt that the result was not matching my expected score. I firmly decided, to engage and prepare myself with all the four sections, again. So, I request , keen exam takers, if anyone is looking a company to practice speaking, kindly add my Skype name, "bunni015".

Anyone , holding any band are welcome to contribute and post their speakings in this post. Look this post as an opportunity to share and enhance your speaking ability.

Regards
Bunni
hi Bunni,
I too looking for company for my speaking practice.

i need band 8 in my speaking. But i didnt get the score.

the reason might be, i m not in a English speaking environment.

I need to improve myself to the maximum.

I really in need of, a company who can help me to improve my fluency.

can you accept my request.?

And one more question to you.

Do you expect people who are well versed in English?

I m a teacher. I m just above the average. If i get a chance to mingle with English speaking community,

i can achieve my target. i believe so.

Regards,
anu andy.
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

anu andy wrote: hi Bunni,
I am also looking for a company for speaking practice. I need band 8 in my speaking. But I could not achieve the required score. The reason might be, I am not native English speaking country.I need to improve myself to the maximum.I really in need of, a company who can help me to improve my fluency.can you accept my request? However,Do you expect people who are well versed in English? I am a teacher and my English levels can be graded as Intermediate . If I get a chance to mingle with English speaking community,I can achieve my target. I believe so.
Regards,
anu andy.
Don't worry, by looking at the rephrased body. The modification is just to practice my English grammar and punctuation. You are welcome Anu Andy. I really liked the way you expressed your concerns to the point. Anu, here every one are trying to be perfect and the only way is to practice as much as you can. At the moment, I am also following same principle.Irrespective of what diction I see; I try to rephrase the writing, What I listen; I try to note and make a collection of new vocabulary from the audio, and what I read; I try to observe grammar and punctuation in the paragraphs. I felt this is the only way, to raise English language skills.

I accepted your request. Wish you all the best for your preparation.

Regards
Bunni
delvydavis

Post by delvydavis »

hey bunni, can I add you?

Also, anu andy, whats your skype id? or you may add me "delvyparamban"
PAST IELTS:
(09-06-2012) L-7,R-6.6,W-5.5,S-8.5 ; Overall-7.0
(06-07-2013) L-6.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5 ; Overall-6.5
(21-09-2013) L-6.5,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-7; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8.0,R-7.0,W-7.5,S-8.5 Overall-8.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn4S3z_WO4
myplace2100

Post by myplace2100 »

lets do practice ielts speaking add me to skype id mridulcs ASAP
Anilnag

Post by Anilnag »

I am pleased to join the group for speaking practice. I need band 7 in speaking. My test is on 9th Nov.
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Hi All,

Last week, it was Dusheera festival in India; most of the time I spent with kith and kin. Following, I could not upload any speaking samples for evaluation. However, later I found that members are finding hard to know availability of other aspirants. Finally, I came up with a kind of excel sheet where speaking enthusiasts can fill the below sheet so that members will be able to access and find someone to practice at their convenience .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Regards
Bunni
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Last week, it was Dusheera festival in India; most of the time I spent with kith and kin. Following, I could not upload any speaking samples for evaluation. However, later I found that members are finding hard to know availability of other aspirants. Finally, I came up with a kind of excel sheet where speaking enthusiasts can fill the below sheet so that members will be able to access and find someone to practice at their convenience .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Regards
Bunni
Hi Bunni,

A list like that is a great idea. Can you explain a little further how the list would work?
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Hi Ryan,

Its very simple. First, members need to create explicit Skype Id for IELTS speaking practice. It a security measure for their digital identity. Following, In the sheet new ID must be updated in their convenient time slot. For instance, I am available in the evenings between 18:00 to 20:00 IST.If any member who is looking for a companion in the same time slot, he can request me briefing the purpose. In this way this sheet can become a common platform to know who are available in a specific time.

The other advantage is users don't have to share any personal information for communicating about their availability for practice. All is that, they have to look in the sheet and raise a request.

Note: The members must have to accept the request iff the ID is available in the sheet and he/she should be a member in IELTS NETWORK

Regards
Bunni
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

bunni015 wrote:Hi Ryan,

Its very simple. First, members need to create explicit Skype Id for IELTS speaking practice. It a security measure for their digital identity. Following, In the sheet new ID must be updated in their convenient time slot. For instance, I am available in the evenings between 18:00 to 20:00 IST.If any member who is looking for a companion in the same time slot, he can request me briefing the purpose. In this way this sheet can become a common platform to know who are available in a specific time.

The other advantage is users don't have to share any personal information for communicating about their availability for practice. All is that, they have to look in the sheet and raise a request.

Note: The members must have to accept the request iff the ID is available in the sheet and he/she should be a member in IELTS NETWORK

Regards
Bunni
That's a very interesting idea. I take it that Google Docs list can be edited by anyone? Do you think adding a column for test takers to indicate their band (if they have taken the exam before) would be helpful?

Is there also a way to host sort of a group on Skype? Maybe another idea would be to create a Skype group chat room that people could log into and check if any speaking partners are online? I suppose your list idea would allow people to plan speaking practice sessions ahead of time, which would be a benefit a Skype group chat room would not have.
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

That's a very interesting idea. I take it that Google Docs list can be edited by anyone? Do you think adding a column for test takers to indicate their band (if they have taken the exam before) would be helpful?

Is there also a way to host sort of a group on Skype? Maybe another idea would be to create a Skype group chat room that people could log into and check if any speaking partners are online? I suppose your list idea would allow people to plan speaking practice sessions ahead of time, which would be a benefit a Skype group chat room would not have.
Currently, I restricted sheet editing permissions to myself. Definitely, adding more information about speaking module band score and overall band can help other members. In-fact, I felt we should also add number of attempts column this represents their experience. Members can approach these users and ask for any clarifications, tips, tricks, and approach towards each module; exam.

Skype group? I never tried or got a chance to use this feature. let me check how it works, then I would be in a state to talk about it.

I would like to add you as a moderator to this sheet. So, please share your gmail Id.

Regards,
Bunni
delvydavis

Post by delvydavis »

This excel file is for your use and each member has to prepare their own like this. Is that what you are trying to say?

Since you create the google docs file, other than mine, i didn't see anyone.
PAST IELTS:
(09-06-2012) L-7,R-6.6,W-5.5,S-8.5 ; Overall-7.0
(06-07-2013) L-6.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5 ; Overall-6.5
(21-09-2013) L-6.5,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-7; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8.0,R-7.0,W-7.5,S-8.5 Overall-8.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn4S3z_WO4
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Hi Delvy,

I have already provided editing authorizations to every one so you can include your name and check.

It is for the benefit of IELTS NETWORK members.

Regards
Bunni
Rajan

Post by Rajan »

Hi Bunni,

Can I add you on Skype for the speaking practice.

I am taking IELTS on 9th nov.

Please reply.

Regards,
Jayesh
Last edited by Rajan on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myplace2100

Post by myplace2100 »

Hi rajan
where is your skype id seen? to practice speaking over skype? my is mridulcs as i am giving test very soon too.
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Yes who ever is interested in speaking with me can add my id in their account.

Note: Make sure you include your details in the above mentioned excel sheet.

Regards
Bunni
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Hi All,

I hope couple of IELTSNETWROK friends are ready to have a chit chat with IELTS examiner on November 9th. All the best guys.

Regards,
Bunni
priodorsini

Post by priodorsini »

Hi Ryan,

I have uploaded my speaking sample .It would be really appreciated if you evaluate it.
The cue card topic is as below:
Describe a public place,Where is this place,when do you go there,why do you go there,what do you like about it?

download/file.php?id=25

Thanks
Attachments
recording-20131103-160933.mp3
(829.79 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Rajan

Post by Rajan »

Hi bunni,

Pls let me know what time will you be online for speaking practice on Skype.

pls drop me an e-mail- jayesh_k19@hotmail.com , send me an offline message on skype ID or call me on 09616317175.

Regards,
Jayesh Solanki
Rajan

Post by Rajan »

Regards
Bunni
Hi bunni,

pls drop me an e-mail- jayesh_k19@hotmail.com , send me an offline message on skype ID or call me on 09616317175.

Regards,
Jayesh Solanki
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

Rajan wrote:Hi bunni,

pls drop me an e-mail- jayesh_k19@hotmail.com , send me an offline message on skype ID
Regards,
Jayesh Solanki

I have sent you the mail.
Please do not post any personal information like phone numbers.. Avoid it ....

Regards
Bunni
avenger

Post by avenger »

Hi All,

I am looking for a partner to practise IELTS speaking.My skype ID: avenger.ielts
.Really appreciate if you add me and please send your available time for practice.

Thanks
marhief

Post by marhief »

HELLO:
I am Marhief and i am seriously interested to find people to practice speaking. I will present the academic IELTS. it will be this december. I invite you to contact me through my skype. here is my account marhief.catt.
by the way i need band seven so it would be even better to practice with people with band seven or higher.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I see the list is growing, Bunni. How helpful have you found the strategy thus far? I suppose the main advantage to this is that it allows people to align time zones.