Inviting, Looking for IELTS Speaking Preparation

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
bunni015

Re: Inviting, Looking for IELTS Speaking Preparation

Post by bunni015 »

Ryan wrote:I see the list is growing, Bunni. How helpful have you found the strategy thus far? I suppose the main advantage to this is that it allows people to align time zones.
Well, the strategy worked :D . Now almost everyday I get a chance to speak with couple of IELTS takers. Looking at the enthusiasm and commitment each one has, really, amuses me. Thank you for providing a common platform -- IELTSNETWORK.

Regards,
Bunni
sabid79

Post by sabid79 »

Hi,

I got 8 band in speaking. I can help people improving their speaking but I am preparing writing now which is my weak area.

Some tips for speaking:

1. Listen to BBC news radio everyday and try to learn the pronunciation and accent. It is available on adroid and appstore.
2. If you speak with an American or British accent you will get good score.
3. Stretch introductions. For example, the examiner will ask you where are you from. Your answer should be something like "I belong to Dubai which is a coastal city of UAE. Infact it also forms one of the seven emirates of the country". Don't just answer I am from Dubai.
4. Task 2 also requires students to give examples. So practice a lot. Don't be shy with silly answers. But your answer should be 2 mins long.
5. In task 3 there will be opinion and argument based questions. Like if, what, your opinion, what happened. So practice.
6. Practice daily by speaking with your self. Try to mimic the accents.

I will share my skype id when I am practicing speaking. So you can join me.
sabid79

Post by sabid79 »

Another tip.

Try to be frank with the examiner or at least put a smile on your face while talking. This has nothing to do with the score but you will feel very confident and comfortable with answering.
bunni015

Post by bunni015 »

sabid79 wrote:Hi,

I got 8 band in speaking. I can help people improving their speaking but I am preparing writing now which is my weak area.

Some tips for speaking:

1. Listen to BBC news radio everyday and try to learn the pronunciation and accent. It is available on adroid and appstore.
2. If you speak with an American or British accent you will get good score.
3. Stretch introductions. For example, the examiner will ask you where are you from. Your answer should be something like "I belong to Dubai which is a coastal city of UAE. Infact it also forms one of the seven emirates of the country". Don't just answer I am from Dubai.
4. Task 2 also requires students to give examples. So practice a lot. Don't be shy with silly answers. But your answer should be 2 mins long.
5. In task 3 there will be opinion and argument based questions. Like if, what, your opinion, what happened. So practice.
6. Practice daily by speaking with your self. Try to mimic the accents.

I will share my skype id when I am practicing speaking. So you can join me.
I am interested to join with you for practice. Can you send me invite to skype id bunni015

Regards
Bunni
PoseidonRage

Post by PoseidonRage »

Add me please, i have a test [academic] on 14th December.
Skype name = bright_baqar
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Sabid,

Those are some great tips. Thank you for sharing.
masimshehzad

Post by masimshehzad »

I am open to "speaking partner Invitations"
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.
Adeep

Post by Adeep »

hellooooo

Greetings...!!!

I find u r helping for speaking preparations....Please let me know...the very first thing...

What is the best way to introduce yourself ???...
kharelshishir

Post by kharelshishir »

hi,
I have my GT test on jan 18th.
i am very much interested to enance my speaking via skype conversations.
if anyone is interested, like me, for speaking practise via Skype, please send me add requet on my ID: kharelhishir
ya123

Post by ya123 »

yazeem1 for speaking practice, already got 7 last time
masimshehzad

Post by masimshehzad »

I have ielts on 15th march.
Interested ones can add me skype:m.asim.shehzad
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.
andytruong1202

Post by andytruong1202 »

My name is Andy, from Vietnam, living in Australia for 5 years. I really need to get band 7 in IELTS, so I'd like to have some speaking practice with those who interest. My ID skype is andytruong1202. Please add me, so we can practice and improve our English together. Cheers,