Please evaluate this essay written by me

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
ayazshahid88

Please evaluate this essay written by me

Post by ayazshahid88 »

Hi, Kindly please evaluate this essay written by me. My email ID is ayaz.shahid@yahoo.com
Topic: Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skills. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience.

Essay:
It is believed by some people today, that our education system focuses more on teaching theory as facts and neglect on teaching practical skills to pupils. Though, there are people who disagree with this but in my opinion this is certainly a case these days and I will prove my argument by giving solid reasons and evidences.
Firstly, talking about schools where students develop their base for higher education. It has been noted that, in our schools, especially in science classes, teachers wants students to learn all the science related laws and principles by heart without bothering about their practical implications. For example, I remember when I was at school, in 10th grade we studies Newton law of gravity and I learned the statement of that law by heart and passed the course. But I never know the practical applications of that law in our daily life. If somebody ask me in future regarding this law then I will not be in position to explain it to them in a better way and that can be an embarassing situation for me. This example makes it clear that why teaching practical aspects of things especially for science subjects is so much important.
Secondly, in our colleges and universities where students pursue their professional degrees. Many graduated students especially from engineering and technical faculty complains that after completing their degree when they goes for job interviews they are unable to demonstrate the potential employers their technical skills because of lack of practical training in the university and more focus on theory. Due to this their professional career is in jeopardy.
So, to conclude I want to restate this unpalatable fact that most of our educational institutes are not doing enough to provide the education seekers a valid technical training that is required to gain expertise in a certain field. I personally believe that its time now for the prominent educationists in our country to step forward and should provide some actionable advice to the think tanks of different educational institutes, that how they can improve their ways of teaching.
Hirumadaz

Re: Please evaluate this essay written by me

Post by Hirumadaz »

I believe that anyone who is studying this matter. Same with me.