RonyM

Re: Plz asses my speaking

Post by RonyM »

lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Plz asses my speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hi, RonyM! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your career and swimming. I have to say I agree with you about swimming. I know how to do it, but I’m not exactly the fastest or most graceful swimmer out there. 
Your overall pronunciation is quite good. I would encourage you to work on the short /o/ sound, as in “water.” You want to open your mouth up really tall when you say that; the bottom part of your jaw should be really low when you make the sound, as in the words “hot” and “spot.” Also, make sure you put your tongue between your teeth when you say words with /th/, like “father.”
You have good vocabulary, as evidenced by your saying “coordinate and “intimidate.” One note, however, is that you should use the preposition “by” when you use “intimidate.” For example, “I was never intimidated BY swimming.” Also, you used “breathe” when you meant “breath” at one point. Additionally, you say “learning swimming” a couple of times. You should find another way to say that to show you have a good command of vocabulary, such as “mastering how to swim.”
A couple of notes:
-We RIDE jet skis, not “take” them.
-for long distance - DISTANCES
-You said, I think, “to watch my breathe (breath) for one minute.” Did you mean to HOLD your breath for one minute?
Finally, I would encourage you to provide a longer conclusion. It ends really abruptly when you talk about pool hygiene, and it feels like there should have been more details.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!