Website Cue Card

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
srikanth509

Website Cue Card

Post by srikanth509 »

Hi All,
I have added a recording on below cue card. Please listen to the same and give me the feedback.

Describe a website that you always visit. Please say
- What website is it?
- How often do you visit it?
- Why do you like it?
- Why are you interested in visiting this web page?

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=139

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth
Attachments
Website Cue Card.mp3
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Website Cue Card

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Srikanth,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about a website that you visit often. I am not quite sure what I would do without it, either. :)

Here are a few points to consider as you practice:

1.) In the internet – you want to say ON the internet. We search or look for things ON the internet.
2.) Run the Google – You should say, “Visit Google.com,” or “Visit Google’s website.”
3.) That website name Google – This should be, “That website’S name is Google,” “It is called Google,” or perhaps, “That website is named Google.”
4.) I didn’t run the Google very much – This should be “very OFTEN.” We use often when we talk about the frequency with which we do things.
5.) I have started using the Google since ten years. – This should be, “I started using Google ten years ago.”
6.) Now situation has come like – You might say, “The situation is that,” or “The situation is such that.”
7.) Pronunciation – Your speaking speed made it more difficult to understand your pronunciation. Many of your words were very difficult to understand, and I missed some sections entirely because of this. I would suggest that you slow down as you speak and work on enunciating clearly. Then increase your speed as you improve your pronunciation.
8.) Vocabulary – “Algorithm” was one word I noticed that was higher level. Work on incorporating higher-level words where appropriate.

Overall, I would say working on grammar and pronunciation would be helpful for you. Best wishes as you continue to practice!
srikanth509

Re: Website Cue Card

Post by srikanth509 »

Hi Imoore,

Thank You a lot for your valuable feedback. I will work on the mentioned points and will try to avoid these mistakes.

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth