Please assess my speaking

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
asadurk

Please assess my speaking

Post by asadurk »

I’d just like to ask you some questions about your studies.

What are you studying?
Why did you choose that particular course?
What job would you like when you have completed all your studies?
Attachments
rec1127-192439.mp3
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 583 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please assess my speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Asadurk.
Thanks for sharing your recording with us! It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do after graduation! I think it took me about five years after I graduated to figure out I wanted to teach English for a living, so I am happy for you. 

Your answer’s organization was good. You used higher-level vocabulary words like “inherently” correctly, which indicates you’re not a low-level speaker. You answered all of the questions from the cue card and had pretty good grammar.

You are a very fluent speaker, but your pronunciation is holding you back from being understood much of the time. This is the area I would encourage you to work on the most. You speak very quickly, but with the pronunciation errors, I couldn’t make out what you were saying about half of the time.

Grammar should be the second area you study. While you are able to form complex sentences, you need to work on a few areas. Here are some notes:

1.) has a lot of opportunity – opportunities
2.) I am doing it for one of the best universities of Karachi – I AM STUDYING AT one of the best universities IN Karachi, or I ATTEND one of the best. . .
3.) have also a lot of patience to study this field – I also have a lot of patience to study this subject. . .

Keep up the good work, and best wishes as you continue to practice!
asadurk

Post by asadurk »

Thanks sir Imoore to evaluate my speaking.

In this speech, I tried to improve pronunciation, but I noticed that there are several grammar mistakes in this speaking. Can you evaluate this too... It is very helpful for me, If you tell me what bands can I get with this type of speaking.... I am focusing on getting 7.5 bands in speaking section... What should I do to get my target band.
Attachments
rec1222-222825.mp3
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 473 times
asadurk

Post by asadurk »

Sorry, I forgot to write question.

The question is, what is the difference between sports and games ?
Cliff.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by Cliff.IELTS.Examiner »

Sports are organised physical contests that require physical prowess. They can be individual, like tennis, or swimming, or team sports like football and cricket. A game is an activity played primarily for amusement, and usually does not involve physical speed and strength. Chess is a game, monopoly, poker. There may be some overlap, but generally, this is the difference.
Cliff.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by Cliff.IELTS.Examiner »

Sports are organised physical contests that require physical prowess. They can be individual, like tennis, or swimming, or team sports like football and cricket. A game is an activity played primarily for amusement, and usually does not involve physical speed and strength. Chess is a game, monopoly, poker. There may be some overlap, but generally, this is the difference.