Feedback my Speaking and i will do the same!

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
revealator

Feedback my Speaking and i will do the same!

Post by revealator »

Hello everybody, any comments welcomed!
http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=374
Attachments
intro.mp3
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by revealator on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revealator

Re: Speaking practice - (Exam date November 1) Help!

Post by revealator »

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=378
what game are popular in your country? Why?
Do you play any game? Why? Why not?
How do people learn to play games in your country?
Do you think it is important for people to play games?
Attachments
Voice.mp3
(7.42 MiB) Downloaded 221 times
revealator

Re: Speaking practice - (Exam date November 1) Help!

Post by revealator »

I need feedback, only a week left to exam, asses my speaking part and i will do your!
revealator

Re: Feedback my Speaking and i will do the same!

Post by revealator »

Describe an open air or street market which you enjoyed visiting.
you would say :
Where the market is
What the market sells
How big the market is
and explain why do you enjoy visiting this market?
http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=379
Attachments
Voice.mp3
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 214 times
Aadbir Singh

Post by Aadbir Singh »

Hi
I am from india. I also have my exam on 8th nov.
Your speaking problem is that you do aaa-aaa a lot, you seem to be unaware about the content and your confidence seems to be low.
AND NEVER READ QUESTIONS IN YOUR CUE CARD.
Just keep your content in your mind and speak fluently.
revealator

Post by revealator »

Thank you friend. I will try do better and probably send some more practices today!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

This is a reply to the first speech on sports.
Hello, Revealator,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about sports in your country. I had never heard of the game you discussed in the first part before you described it.
First, your speech is clear, overall. There are some pronunciation problems, like when you say short “I” sounds that come out “ee.” For example, “hit” would sound like “heet.” Also, the word “exercise” is not pronounced “eggzercise,” but “ecksercise.” Additionally, when you say “th” in words like “with,” you seem to drop the “th” sound. Furthermore, when you said, “volleyball,” it sounded like “Wolleyball,” with a “w” at the beginning.
You speak in an organized way, using connectors such as “I can also add.” You speak without many hesitancies, making you fluent in your speech. However, I would encourage you to shorten your speech and to get right to the point when you answer your questions on the task card. Add details AFTER you provide a quick answer to the question. You took over five minutes to speak when this section is only two minutes long.
You have strong vocabulary. I heard these words that indicate this: construct, complexes, consist of, enclosed, to be honest, categorize.
Here are some grammar notes:
I have a lot of problem – I have a lot of PROBLEMS
I will practice much more on speaking part – on THE speaking part
one of them is goal keeper – THE goalkeeper
in indoor – indoors
45 or 50 degree – degreeS
This two reasons – THESE two reasons
I play game for two reason – REASONS
once per two week – once every two weeks
learning to playing games – learning to PLAY
I also can add that there is lots of sports school – ARE…SCHOOLS
when we are kid – KIDS
what is going on around ourself – OURSELVES
I think people playing games for recreation reasons – I think people play games for recreationAL reasons
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Revealator,

Thanks for sharing the information about this market. It sounds like a very unique place!

First, pronunciation of the word “bazaar” is off a bit in your speech. The emphasis should be on “-ZAAR.” The “BA-“ part sounds like “buh,” “not “ba.” So you want it to sound like “buhzar” instead of having a short “a” sound in the “BA-“ syllable, like in the word “apple.” Also, you pronounced the word “said” with two syllables and said it as “sayid.” It’s just “sehd.”

You covered all of the points, were easy to understand, and your speech flowed from one idea to the other well. I would encourage you to use more connecting words, more transitions to improve this just a bit. You used good examples to illustrate the bazaar to the speaker’s mind. Furthermore, consider adding a bit more detail as you should be able to speak for 2 minutes, and you spoke just over one. Two minutes is the upper limit in Part 2, but it would be good to be able to speak for a bit longer than just over a minute.

Your vocabulary sounded a bit lower in this speech for a couple of reasons. First, you repeated the word “interesting.” I would suggest that you make a list of synonyms for common words you will use on the IELTS speaking test, like “big,” “fun,” “small,” “interesting.” For interesting, you could have said, “engaging,” “impressive,” “intriguing.”

Here are some grammar/vocabulary notes:
The old piece of anything, it can be a collection – It can be anything that's old. . .
a collection of stamp - stampS
typing machine – typewriter
totally I can say it’s very beautiful – In conclusion, I can say it’s very beautiful. (You might try a synonym for "beautiful," too, since it’s such a common word.)

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
revealator

Post by revealator »

Thank you very much for analysis! I am going to have speaking test part tomorrow, Wish me luck! :)