9th January 2016 results ielts general

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Snohid

9th January 2016 results ielts general

Post by Snohid »

Hi ryan /or anyone in group may plzz advice

My name is snohi i appeared for ielts test 2016 9th jan . Got my results today needed 7 each . Got results as
Reading 7
Writing 7
Speaking 8.5
Listening 6.5

Iam just struggling to believe my score in listening because never when i was practicing before exam got anything less than 34 but in exam its 6.5
Can i re evaluate listening test . Is there any chances for it to increase wid half a band if i re evaluate. ??
Awaiting for someones reply .
rzz

Re: 9th January 2016 results ielts general

Post by rzz »

my score

Listening 8
Reading 8
Speaking 7
Writing 6.5

My luck .. writing ..... so unlucky....
FastTrackIELTS

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hi Snohi,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your IELTS listening exam score.

Please view this guide if you need more information on retaking the exam: http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_inform ... _test.aspx

Unfortunately, some days the questions are not in our favour and students are unable to get the score they got while practicing. Our advice would be to keep practicing and keep studying. You'll get there eventually. The IELTS exam can be very challenging and even the best students can struggle.

Remember to...

1. Read the question before you listen - predict the answers. If the question reads "John went on holiday to _____". You could perhaps expect a country or city to be the answer so should listen out for something like this in the recording.

2. Read while you listen - remember to keep full attention during the exam and confirm the answers as you hear them.

3. Read after you've listened - if you have time. Be sure to go back over your answers to check for simple errors such as spelling mistakes.

I hope this helps Snohi, but is there a particular part of the exam you found difficult? Try signing up to our website where we can evaluate an exam of yours and offer some feedback to see where you might be able to improve.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
Snohid

Post by Snohid »

hi Rzz,

I am really sorry to hear about your results. I know exactly how u feel. Work hard more on your writing and practice as much essays and letters you can, i did the same. But make sure you get it checked to get a feedback on it , that is the most important else you would not know what to and how to improve on that letting your score down.

thanks for your post
rzz

Post by rzz »

shnoid,

Thanks for your tip for practice writing. I have the same plan though i have attempted one more exam on 23 january .. overall now i am with 5 attempts ... lets see what gonna be outcome .. though i am not really happy with writing this time too..

about your question related to query on recheck of Listening exam. I have a perception that two of module is not really helpful with recheck..

1. Listening
2. Reading

Because both of above are having fixed answers. What really is the benefit of recheck ???

yes there is , if you are confident that you have been marked low in writing and speaking , because they are not with fixed answer and usually examiner review as per his own standards of checking and there is a part of his judgement. if you are confident then writing and speaking are the module to recheck ...

Even in recheck of writing and speaking chances of improvements are 0.5 to 1 band depending on luck .. usually i have seen 10% people getting improvement after recheck.

I am planning to send recheck of my writing exam , next week after my result of 23 jan exam.

fingers crossed.. i have made really huge investment and i will keep putting my efforts until unless i am fully exhausted.

;)

wishing you best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FastTrackIELTS

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hi Rzz,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your IELTS exams. What you say about rechecks (or "re-marks") is correct. Most students who request for their work to be looked at again get very little improvement in their grade. Plus - many test centres charge for the service.

The best advice is to keep practicing and you'll get there eventually. I'm a tutor from the UK, is there anything I can help you with? Are there areas of the IELTS exam you're struggling with?
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING