IELTS exam on 29/08/2013 at Lahore.Pakistan

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Dr.Asher

IELTS exam on 29/08/2013 at Lahore.Pakistan

Post by Dr.Asher »

Hello sir...I took ielts today after watching your lectures specifically on writing...I am very thankful to you since your videos taught me how to respond to task 1 and task 2 writing challenges..task 1 was a chart depicting numbers of tourism related jobs in one city of UK.on Y axis there were numbers of jobs starting from 200,400 upto 1800,whereas on X axis there were 4 entities with gap of 5 years starting from 1989 upto 2009...entities were restaurants,hotels,travel and tours and the last one I forgot...if u would require I cud send you details of trends....task 2 was very interesting, topic was "Now a days Internet is giving a lot of knowledge regarding culture and history of museums....therefore, there is no need of museums any more.To what extent u agree or disagree with the statement? Sir I wrote an argument essay with thesis that it is disagreed that museums are no more required due to technological advancements like Internet in the modern world...one point I argued that architectural presence of museums is essential and imparts more impact on visitors than they can have it through Internet,second point which I argued was suffering that tourism would come across due to eradicating museums....hope sir u will find it beneficial for students.Once again I am really great full to you and your efforts are highly appreciated.You are really doing noble work.My Father is a Professor of our Mother tongue Urdu...I'm very good in writing English but since my High school I'm out if touch of English essay writing...Iam Medical Doctor In Lahore Jinnah Hospital...doing Fellowship in Anaesthesia,intensive care and pain management....sir I would be pleased if u require any services on my part...stay blessed...
Dr.Asher Raza
Lahore,Pakistan.
Ryan

Re: IELTS exam on 29/08/2013 at Lahore.Pakistan

Post by Ryan »

Hello Dr. Asher,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and questions. I'm sure other test takers around the world are using your words to help them prepare.

Your approach to the essay sounds interesting. Your point about the value of the architecture is valid, I believe. Your second point sounds like an extension of this first point. I trust you shared fitting examples for both and provided a logical and reasoned conclusion.

Let's hope you get the results you need. Please keep this community updated.

Thank you for your kind words about my work. I wish you, your family and your practise all the best.
Dr.Asher

Re: IELTS exam on 29/08/2013 at Lahore.Pakistan

Post by Dr.Asher »

Thank you so much sir for the valued evaluation u made regarding my essay performance..now I'm much more confident that I would get required 7 band....stay blessed....