IELTS testing centres in order of time zone

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
sham599

Re: IELTS testing centres in order of time zone

Post by sham599 »

Hello there! I will be taking my general exam on Dec 12, 2015. I'm from Toronto,Ontario. Those who are advance date to us. please share your topic regarding Writing and Reading. MY time zone is UTC -5.00. Could you please tell me what time zone is matches with that. Here is my email:shams599@gmail.com

Thank you!
MagzhanZ

Post by MagzhanZ »

Hi! 23rd January is my Academic IELTS date. Could you send me IELTS topics in advance? Thank you!
batool-1989

Post by batool-1989 »

Is it possible to know the IELTS questions before taking the real exam ?!!! :shock:
Nagham ali

Post by Nagham ali »

HI
I NEED TIPS FOR READING to get 7. Please advice. Thanks
ieltscharlie

Post by ieltscharlie »

dorot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:39 pm
Zenicanka_ca wrote:Hello all,
I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.
Are there testing centers that have the same listening, reading, and writing parts when held on the same day :o
--for confirmation to this subject above wrote by Zenicanka..it is true?
I don't think anybody here knows the answer for sure. IELTS Examiners certainly won't know. My best guess is that test centres are told which particular papers to use each time they run a test - this is done to make sure that few centres do use the same combination of papers.

So, maybe Auckland is told, one week, to use Listening Test 423, Reading Test 187 and Writing Test 278.
While Sao Paolo uses, in the same week, Listening Test 423, Reading test 673 and Writing Test 276.
The following week these numbers would be different. Maybe Auckland would have the same Listening Test as Moscow. And the assignment of papers would be completely random.

One thing I am sure about, is that all centres will not be using the same papers. It would be too easy, in the Internet age, for the rest of the world to find out the questions used in New Zealand, and if that happened the whole IELTS certification system would collapse.
Charles Cornelius
IELTS Coach at http://ieltscharlie.com
FastTrackIELTS

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Great answer Charlie.

It's difficult to say for sure how these things are done however we have seen numerous examples of exams being repeated weeks or days after they have appeared elsewhere in the world. It goes to show that it can pay to look at recent answers to familiarize yourself with what might appear in your exam.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING