ILETS - AUS - Task 2 - General Training Question - 17/08/13

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
fulecha

ILETS - AUS - Task 2 - General Training Question - 17/08/13

Post by fulecha »

Hi All,
Please be advised that the following letter appeared on the ILETS test in Australia on 17/08/13.

Some people hang out with people of their own age while others like to meet people from all age groups.

Discuss both the views and state your opinion.

Of course it is paraphrased but the gist is present.
delvydavis

Re: ILETS - AUS - Task 2 - General Training Question - 17/08

Post by delvydavis »

Thanks for the topic.
Let me write an essay on it.

Delvy
PAST IELTS:
(09-06-2012) L-7,R-6.6,W-5.5,S-8.5 ; Overall-7.0
(06-07-2013) L-6.5,R-7,W-5.5,S-6.5 ; Overall-6.5
(21-09-2013) L-6.5,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-7; Overall-7.0
(07-12-2013) L-8.0,R-7.0,W-7.5,S-8.5 Overall-8.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn4S3z_WO4
Nathan

Re: ILETS - AUS - Task 2 - General Training Question - 17/08

Post by Nathan »

Some people hang out with people of their own age while others like to meet people from all age groups.

people like to communicate with each other and to share experience or to learn something new , They listen and speak everyday, They often pass the culture and the knowledge from one generation to another, definitely they will they are human after all.

As learning is human instinct it self , and communication is a fetal part of the process of learning , Therefore human try to find someone to communicate with to exchange knowledge , experience or information.

Most of us tend to search for people that they share same interests , hobbies , age ...etc , with us, however, Others are more interested in people that they have different interests , cultures , hobbies or age. This variation is normal and very healthy for the culture it self.

I believe that those people who like to hang out with people from all age groups are basically don't care about how old is he/she more than about what he/she says, They are not judgmental, They have self confidence and love to enjoy time.

Respectively, Some other like to hang out only with people of their own age, They are not enjoying younger or older talk , They have some interests that they only share with people of their own age , For instance , Teenager loves to hangout with other teenager than boring adult.

Finally , I believe that everyone has his own standards for getting friends or fellows, Although I don't believe that there is a real classification between people based on their hang out list , I thing it is about the person him self wither he want to act like a grown or like a child.