Academic IELTS TASK-2 QUESTION IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Huda

Academic IELTS TASK-2 QUESTION IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Post by Huda »

Dear Mr.Rayan,
i have seen that this question has been repeated in several countries. I had the same question in my test on 7th September in SAUDI ARABIA. I have tried to answer this question. Can you please give some feed back?
In some countries, small town-centre shops are going out of business because people tend to drive to large out-of-town stores. As a result, people without cars have limited access to out-of town stores, and it may result in an increase in the use of cars. Do you think the disadvantages of this change outweigh its advantages?
Nowadays, small civic centre markets are losing or have lost the trade simply just because people used to drive to giant super markets on the outskirts of the city. This trend leads the individuals a restricted entrance to out of urban outlets, and ultimately number of vehicles get increased. In my view, drawbacks of this alteration outweigh the advantages.
On the one hand, there are several drawbacks of this change affecting the entire surrounding around us. First, people who do not own cars have inadequate admittance to out of city provision stores. Second, if people visit these big out of city super markets, the number of vehicles would increase considerably. This would lead to global warming. More cars mean a high volume of traffic can be seen on the roads. This over increasing traffic makes the urban areas more congested, more air polluted and more crowded. For example, in Hyderabad, India, there is a giant super market named as Bada Bazar located in the suburb of the city centre. The street on which this super market is situated always crowded and it usually takes hours to reach there. As this shows that increasing number of cars is causing congestion. Thus, it can be concluded from this example that visiting out of town shopping malls by using their private transport is having more drawbacks that its benefits.
On the other hand, there are some arguments that benefit the car owners visiting out of city shopping centers in some way. The prices are cheaper than the small street markets in urban centre. There is promotion also available on wide range of foods, clothing and electronic devices. In this way, any one in particular a family can save enough money by purchasing products in large quantities. For example, one of my friends usually drives to out of civic outlets for his weekly shopping. Thus, it is clear that there are some limited benefits too.
In conclusion, it has been shown that the trend of visiting out of city provisional stores considerably do not benefit the population as a whole.