what to write in this task2 academic

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Hiren

what to write in this task2 academic

Post by Hiren »

Some say that it is more important for employers to consider academic qualifications rather than personal life experience and values when hiring an employee. Do you agree or disagree? What are positive and negative aspects of the issue?

From first question, agree/disagree,it seems to be argument essay where both paragraphs should support my opinion.
But second question asks to discuss positive/negative aspects.so what should be the format of this essay?
please help me.
yash567blr

Re: what to write in this task2 academic

Post by yash567blr »

Hi Hiren,

I just wrote my view on this essay in another post <"Enrich the writing forum by contributing to it">.
Please check that and let me know about ur thoughts!
Hiren

Post by Hiren »

Hi ,
I just went through your essay and I am quite impressed as you have used good vocabulary, connective words and complex sentences.
You have covered both questions but I would like to know from you that why you chose to use example in only one supporting paragraph?

And please read my essay as well and show me corrections. I would also like to know if I have answered the essay topic correctly.

In modern era, a confident, smart and expert employee is the backbone of a successful organisation. Considering the competition in market, employers put emphasis on selecting competent individual for any position as it is a long term investment for them. I agree with the employers who give more importance to highly qualified individuals rather than candidate with more personal life experience because highly qualified invidual has mostly experienced both sides of a coin called life.

Firstly, it is very easy and quick to train an individual graduated from a well-known university as his passing scores reflect his intelligence and ability. In addition to that, university education also includes some practical lessons in classroom or as vocational training in company which gives experience to a student about the real life. A successfully qualified student knows moral value of honesty and time management very well. For instance, study in medicine includes clinical training in hospital and a student needs to follow strict timetable to complete the course with excellent grades. So, it is always best to select a qualified medical professional in hospital as he has all qualities of hard work, time management, honesty and humanity.

Although a person with more personal life experience and moral values like trustworthy and humanity can be advantageous to an organisation, all real life experiences are not necessary in business and it is not necessary that person with more experience with more experience is more intelligent. For example a unqualified mechanic with 10years of experience may not be able to understand current market strategies while a qualified mechanical engineer can create business strategies according to current market needs and also can communicate well with clients. So, employers should prefer applicant with high education and aptitudes.

To conclude, having real life experiences and following values can make someone an ideal human being but when it comes to business, a person with more qualifications should be preferred as he is the perfect combination of intelligence, humanity,creativity and experience to solve critical problems that may arise in business.
yash567blr

Post by yash567blr »

Hi Hiren,

I dont think its mandatory to put examples for all paragraphs. I have put an example where I felt that, i can elaborate!

Wrt to your essay:
I have tried my best to find out whatever I cant, but still i am not an expert :)

I agree with the employers who give more importance >>> more apt to say that "I agree with viewpoint that employers should give more importance.... " because we need to compare and support a viewpoint.

highly qualified invidual has mostly experienced both sides of a coin called life >>>> Doesnt seem correct to me, you might have to rephrase this statement.

A successfully qualified student knows moral value of honesty >>> You haven't clearly explained how and on what basis you are telling that he knows moral value of honesty.

For example a unqualified mechanic >>>> For example, an unqualified mechanic

My honest opinion, content should be improved a little in your case.
<P.S. I am not saying that my content was good, I really dont know how was my content>
Hiren

Post by Hiren »

Thank you Yash for showing my mistakes.
can you tell me how long does it take for you to write such a nice essay?
Do you concentrate more on quality of essay or you try to complete essay in 40minutes?
yash567blr

Post by yash567blr »

I am practicing with 40 mins time limit only. As I have my exams on Oct 26th!
Even that essay was written in 40 mins. Trying to improve my content, grammer and vocab within 40 mins time schedule :)

Initially, I was never able to write for 250 words within 40 mins, now after practice have improved and able to complete in 40mins itself.
razie.sahebi

Post by razie.sahebi »

Hiren wrote:Some say that it is more important for employers to consider academic qualifications rather than personal life experience and values when hiring an employee. Do you agree or disagree? What are positive and negative aspects of the issue?

From first question, agree/disagree,it seems to be argument essay where both paragraphs should support my opinion.
But second question asks to discuss positive/negative aspects.so what should be the format of this essay?
please help me.
Hi Hiren,
How can I read your essay??