Latest Task 2 question seen in India on June 12

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Ryan

Latest Task 2 question seen in India on June 12

Post by Ryan »

I received an email the other day from an IELTS test taker who faced this Task 2 question:

Tourism can help develop a country in many ways. However, sometimes tourism leads to the altering of a country's culture and heritage. How can a country benefit from a tourism industry without sacrificing its identity?
pratibha-shrestha

Re: Latest Task 2 question seen in India on June 12

Post by pratibha-shrestha »

In many ways tourism is helping country to develop for example many countries are getting economic help through tourism industry and also countries are getting worldwide recognition through tourism.But some how tourism is leading to alter a country's culture
Firstly, people try to copy the western culture that is evolving.Because of globalisation people do not want to stick onto their own culture , they are trying to adopt the culture the tourist are bringing in their country. for example ,Nepal is basically hindu country and they have their own particular culture and festival and because of globalisation today the people are not prioritizing their culture rather they are more interested in celebrating the western culture like Valentine's day, Christmas etc.

Secondly, it is good that tourist are visiting the country and are increasing the income of the country but more tourist means more pollution.for example, In nepal tourist come to vist Mt Everest and it is found that tourist are not disposing the garbage mainly plastic bottles and bags in a proper place.Which eventually is causig environment pollution.
Finally , when tourist enter any country they take their culture with them and may exploit the culture of that country. Keeping these things in mind the goverment should act accordingly . People can enjoy their culture as much as the western culture.Public awareness on protecting their culture and heritage should be conducted every so often.
Petya

Post by Petya »

Hi,

I think the essay should be about solutions how to benefit from tourism in a sustainable way and not about the negative impact of tourism.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Petya wrote:Hi,

I think the essay should be about solutions how to benefit from tourism in a sustainable way and not about the negative impact of tourism.
Let me just amplify what Petya said. Pratibha, the essay should spend most of its time arguing potential solutions.

Please watch your punctuation. I see awkwardly placed commas and full stops.

Good luck.